What do you think about the Seymour Lady Eagles?

whodeewho

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've not heard of LA, then I take it you've not been following AA basketball very long. Can you say TRADITION? Even the Tennessean called them "...AA's team of the '90's.." Here's a little history for you: 1990 State Champs, 1991 State semis, 1993 state runner up, 1994 State Champs, 1995 state semis, 1996 state runner up, 1997 state semis, 1998 state runner-up, 1999 State Champs. In 2000 they lost in the regional semis to McMinn Central & Miss Basketball Julie Aderhold. In 2001 they lost in OT in the regional semis to Upperman, who was state runner up to Jackson County. In 2002 they lost in the regional semis to eventual champion Jackson County. They've been around. They've been on a three year slump as far as State Tourney goes. This year, LA split with 3 time defending champ & district foe Jackson Co., lost to JC in the district finals by ten & lost a heartbreaker to JC in regional finals by one. They beat a highly-touted McMinn Central at McMinn in the sub-state. Now, they're back in the big dance where they belong. I thought this might help you.

[Edited by ShutupandPlay on 3-9-03 3:28P]

[Edited by ShutupandPlay on 3-9-03 3:30P]

I have heard of Livindston and I respect their team, BUT I believe that we have worked very hard all year long to make it this far and we are going to be a force to be reckoned with an Thursday, so be ready. Even if we dont have the "tradition" as stated earlier. Does a 1990 State Championship really matter in 2003? or a 1999 championship for that matter. None of the players that took you to state in the past are still on the team, so what does tradition have to do with anything?

Point well taken on the tradition thing, but let me tell you what ya'll will be saying after your game, here will be a few quotes,,, our girls just didn't seem in sinc, they just couldn't make any shots, the refs wouldn't make any calls they were killing us out there, they just go lucky, they made everything they shot. Some things along those lines you will be hearing as will Austin East, just remember i told you this ahead of time, these two teams from 7AA play AAA level competition week in and week out and win! LA by atleast 15