Sevier Co. and Shelbyville

scbballfreak

Just wonderin what yall think of the 3A bracket? If everything goes well, shelbyville will play sevier co in round 2, what do yall think of the matchups and everything. i also noticed in the schedule that OR beat Shelbyville earlier this, and i also know that sevier co seems to have OR's number, so what do u all think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Shelbyville's sake, I hope that they are capable of playing better than they showed against Cleveland on Saturday night. Cleveland had them on their heels the first half become getting rattled by the full-court press in the second half. Take away that quarter and it's a different game. And yeah, I know that all four quarters count but they are just not the dominant team of years gone bye. Oak Ridge is not that strong either from the games that I saw them play. McMinn County had them beaten earlier this year and so did Bradley Central. A couple of lucky breaks kept them from losing both games. I believe that the tournament is wide-open this year and until someone beats them, the Sevier County girls are still state champions.

All of the remaining teams are capable of beating any of the others. You better bring your 'A' game every time.

By the way, what has happened to the Shelbyville fan support? At Saturday's game the gym was little more than half full for a pretty important game. A local sports writer said that since the mid-90's this was pretty much the norm. Is that really the case? Has winning become jaded?

Shelbyville will win the state this year.Sevier is a good team ,but Shelbyville has one major thing that Sevier co. don't have and that is Insell who is by far the best coach in the country and he will have them ready to play

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, the gym was more than half full. And by the way this is probably one of Shelbyville"s best teams. Please find me a team that plays defense like this team. You will probably need to go back to the old Georgetown teams of the Patrick Ewing days. I guess holding a team to 12 points in a half isn't good enough for you.

You're right, you know. Sometimes holding a team to 12 points in a half is NOT good enough. SCHS has a very fine team but they are not dominating and they are certainly beatable by several teams in the tournament. But, with some luck they cound win the darn thing for all I know. :)

You still didn't answer my question about the crowd. Doesn't anyone care anymore? Were you there? I was and I still say that the gym was maybe half full but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. I have better arguments to start.

511, i wish i could agree with u, insell is a very good coach but ur goin right past gene huskey. a coach who NEVER takes credit for a win rather he gives it to the players, and when they lose he takes the full blame for them not being ready. also, huskey has been at schs since '92 and has had 4 teams advance to a substate game, 5 disrict titles, and 4 region titles, and is on the way for a repeat in murfreesboro. he also won 2 state titles in middle school bball at pigeon forge, if he's around as long as insell, watch out. cause he is one of the best coaches in all the land.

You are correct I will not argue with someone who can't see.The gym was more than half full. Shelbyville have dominated every team this post season, the average margin of victory is around 35pts. I don't know what you are looking at, but I forgot you can't see. End of discussion on my end.

Guest fabfive

Shelbyville gym seats about 4000 and from what I was told from the school they had little more than 2800 at the game. That a pretty good crowd. Baconbreath the way you describe the Shelbyville game is how Shelbyville plays. Teams play with them early until they just wear them down with all the pressure. Everybody just get ready cause Rick going to take home another gold ball in 2003.

Guest sptguy

I said this in another post and I'll stand by it - Cleveland took it to Shelbyville in the first quarter and the Eaglettes absorbed a couple of body blows before coming together in the second quarter. How the Eaglettes played from the second quarter on is more indicative of how they have been beating teams of late.

As for the fan support, the gym was more than half full, but you cannot argue that Shelbyville's fan support overall has dwindled in recent years. Let's face it - a sectional or sub-state game is not that big a deal at Shelbyville anymore. Unless the girls bring home the state championship, it's hard to get people there excited like they used to be. It may sound strange, but its one of the effects of having 10 state championship banners hanging from the rafters of that half-full/half-empty gym.