Lebanon vs. Hume Fogg

Eddie

I would be embarrassed as a coach to cancel a game because I was afraid of getting beat using some players off the bench. What happens if some of the players get season ending injuries, is the coach gonna cancel the rest of the season??????? And as for Lebanon's coach, he was probably like "dang if this dudes too scared come out and play then I'll let 'em have their way.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it ever occur to you Cornpup that Lebanon's coach had rather beat a team that was full strenght. What does it say for a team if you beat another team while they were down. Would a coach rather brag I beat Hume Fogg at their best or at their worse. I know some folks like a win anyway they can get it but personally I would rather beat a team when they were at their best-now that would be something to brag about. :D:):)

This decision was based on the coaches own agenda not the teams. His ego could not have taken a loss this early in the season, not to say they would have lost, but they did lose to lebanon last year. This coach is more worried about his own personal detractors more than his teams goals. Winning is easy with talent and pitching, when you learn to respect your players and build teams for the future as well, then you will be considered with best coaches. If seniors quit the team due to lack of respect what will the younger players do. Show your players the respect they have earned and they won't care if you are hard on them at times.

I hope the Hume-Fogg girls have a great season like last year, they deserve the good things that do happen to them.

That's a good one drknows, I wish I had a good mark to give you. How do you get those anyways? Donnautnut, you are making it sound like it was Lebanon's coach who wanted to cancel the game, we all know that's not true. The Reds should have cancelled the season last year since Ken Griffey Jr. was injured. And can you believe those other major league teams had the nerve to play against them when they were not at full strength. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!

Come on people. Coaches re-schedule games all the time for any number of reasons. Is there a particular reason why this case should cause so much vitrol?

Yes, HFA was a bit brusied having played 7 games over the weekend at the Beech Tourney. But I am also confident that if Lebanon had their hearts set on playing on Monday, HFA would have been right there.

The two coaches talked and mutually agreed to re-schedule. Nothing more, nothing less. As a fan, I was happy I didn't have to sit through another game freezing my tail off to see two teams attempt to stay warm and play ball at the same time.

There is an awful lot of softball left to be played this Spring and plenty of time for Lebanon and HFA to slug it out if they want. Let's move on to something else!

BTW, I hope all of you concerned citizens will come out to watch. I'm sure both teams players would love the support! ;)

Friendship Christian, Hunters Lane, and Wilson Central have cancelled games with Hume Fogg this spring and no one made a crude comment about those cancellations. These games were cancelled on the day they were to be played and the coaches are still friends. No one made a big deal about that. So what is the big deal now. The Hume Fogg coach was understanding with these coaches as Lebanon's coach was understanding with Hume Fogg's coach.

I beleive if you were to see Hume Foggs coach and Lebanon coach together you would see they are still friends. For your information they plan to play that game the last part of April and all you good buddies who have been so concerned about this game can attend. ;):D;)