Cavin vs Beechboard

Guest eaglemgr

The point of that, shows that she can exceed her scoring average easily at LA/JC and that is a very vaild point. OS has played a difficult schedule the last couple years, so Hall is more than capable of big numbers against the best.

[Edited by OS91 on 3-14-03 3:36P]

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken...she may very well have been able to exceed her scoring average...or Livingston, Jackson and Upperman would have figured out a strategy to 'contain' her...either way, it doesn't matter. It hasn't happened and it's not going to happen.

She is deserving of being a finalist of Miss Basketball, that's for sure. Regardless of who OS has or has not played, she's been very solid.

well in the poll on espn.com today

the results were kind of one-sided

Cavin-99%

Beechboard-1%

so as you can see cavin is definetely

the better player and im not mistaken

she has more career points than any of

the other finalists throughout the state.

[Edited by socnate05 on 3-13-03 11:45P]

LOL...ESPN Poll...good one...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what does career points have to do with this year and an award for the best player this year? Cavin may be the best player, but just saying she has more career points than any other finalist just doesn't inspire confidence that the award is given based on one year's accomplishments.

Posted by socnate05:

well in the poll on espn.com today

the results were kind of one-sided

Cavin-99%

Beechboard-1%

so as you can see cavin is definetely

the better player and im not mistaken

she has more career points than any of

the other finalists throughout the state.

[Edited by socnate05 on 3-13-03 11:45P]

I know it is just one game, but after seeing Beechboard play she is not even in Cavin's league. Cavin put on a show while Beechboard really disappointed me. She constantly pitched fits about calls and should have been "t"d up twice. Kendal is the true sportsman and is definately a better all around player. I also get tired of hearing about how tough the schedules are of Livingston Academy and Oliver Springs. Westview has played Chester County twice and Gibson County four times this year. In my opionion after seeing the others at state. Gibson and Chester are both better than Livingston and Jackson County. So take your heads out of the sand and accept the shift of power.

Really classy post. Why don't you send Katrina a letter to let her know how she stacks up against the best, in case she doesn't see it here. After a dissapointing loss yesterday, I'm sure you'll make Katrina, a 16 yr. old, feel better about herself. Is that your intent, to make her feel worse? Good thing she's mature enough to pay you NO attention. I was looking forward to seeing Beechboard and Cavin match up today. Now that Beech is finished, for this year, who will you find to bring down? How can we expect our youth to do good things when this is the example adults set? All three candidates for Miss B-Ball should be commended - Hall Beechboard, and Cavin. Best of luck to Cavin the rest of the way.

Thanks for agreeing. Why do people get personal? There's a way to go about things. Just brag on the one you want recognized. Don't put others down to make someone else look better. TWHoops probably doesn't mean to be degrading toward Beechboard, but that's the way it seems. Just being nominated is a HUGE accomplishment.

Guest laizthebest

Watch Beechboard play when she is healthy. She had strep throat today. Coaches, players, everyone I talked to said she felt awful but she still went out there and scored more points than any player on either team...You haven't watched her play for 3 years...Well, actually I watched her play in 7th and 8th grade...but...You've seen her in one game. Sick or not sick believe it or not EVERYONE has an off game. If Cavin has never had one then...Yes, she certainly deserves the award but I would bet that she has had at least one off night...Ya win some you lose some...