White County Coaches

WarriorMom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, supperstar. I have been reading tmac21's posts for a long time. I have always thought that he (I'm assuming that it's a he) couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. It all sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. I'm glad Slatten is staying, although I never really heard that he was going to leave. People were just starting a lot of nasty rumors. I saw progress this year. I didn't see near enough wins, but this year's team looked far better than last year's. That's a fairly promising trend.

No one ever addressed the question about Coach Dotson. Is he going to be back too?

Well T-Mac in case you haven't noticed, coaching isn't a popularity contest. If you do things the right way or the wrong way, you are still going to have people talking about you. I'm sure that there might even be some people who dislike you because that is just the way life is. I agree that Slatten didn't win many games this year and if that continues, then get a new coach, just don't get rid of him while they are still rebuilidng. It usually takes a few years to get a program to move up and play better ball.

tmac...Go back and read my last post again. I said that I didn't see enough wins this season. I did see progress, though. The team played much harder and just looked better in general than it did last year. Take Sam Agee away from last year's team, and they would have gotten ZERO wins. They were improved this year with basically that same team, less Sam. I think they need to break even, or better, next year. If the team doesn't, people should probably start losing a little patience. By then, this team will have been together for 3 years, even longer if you count Middle School and freshman ball. Three years is plenty of time to at least have the groundwork laid for a winning program. I feel that winning the district is probably out of the question, but they shouldn't settle for less than middle of the pack. Another last place finish would be unacceptable.