State Softball Records

Sidetrain

I think I have seen state tournament softball records but not regular season or career. I don't remember if I saw them in the state tournament program or on the TSSAA site. It would take some time and effort, maybe someone could email every school with a softball program and get them to email back with records, the top numbers could be compiled. The bad thing is, I doubt every program has such records available, even for recent seasons, and scoring for softball-especially pitching-is much more subjective than in other sports (rushing yards and first downs in football, points and rebounding in basketball). There was a game 2 years ago where one team scored their hits at 15, the other scored the team's hits at 4. What they called hits besides the 4 were reaching on errors mainly, fielders' choice, and I think one walk must have went down as a hit to get it to a nice even number, 15. There is probably a lot of that type scoring going on everywhere.

I emailed the TACA and this is what Jim sent back.

Don Freudenthal at Ezell-Harding is our softball representative and maybe you can give him any ideas that you may have in regard to this. I am not sure if the Tennessee Sportswriters Association picks an All State team like

they do in other sports. We have picked by coaches vote a District Player and Coach of the Year for a long time and send plaques to those winners but we have lost our sponsor for this year and will be unable to do that this year.

Jim Cartwright

Now this is sad to hear that there are no company would sponsor these awards. Women and Girls buy more things that men do but mens' company support is better. Does anyone have contacts that you could help with this. Some of you coaches do alot of business with women sport companies. :confused: