ND- laussane

NDfanPack

Posted by CoachtFAN:

No... I still think they are horrible and a bad representation of the West. I just don't know what happened to ND. Looks like Lausanne wins.

Oops, that horrible team that is a bad representation of the West just won and will play for the Gold Ball. Maybe they aren't really that horrible and aren't that bad a representation of the West?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like watching them play personally. Gasol is hilarious to watch, he is one of those guys that is always close to getting a technical. They got guys that can shoot the 3. And Carlos Taylor can do some mean dunks (saw him do a 1 handed dunk that was viscious). They have an experienced team...this team went pretty far last year, and returned just about everyone but their point guard who is at Rhodes.

I AM entitled to an opinion, aren't I? Or are coacht mods the gestapo? I acknowledged that Lausanne won in my earlier post, but I said I thought they shouldn't be there. I'm not trying to stir up the past and bring up old memories. I just don't see them as a good representative, and frankly, Harding wouldn't be a good one either because of their poor performance all season. You are trying to make me look like an idiot, and I don't like it. Some of you mods get so pushy and do whatever you feel like. You're usually a nice guy. Don't screw up your reputation by nitpicking and being a jerk. My advice: Shut up.

Just be like me, don't give a _________ what people over a computer think about you. CoachTfan, who would you want to be in the final 4 since you don't believe that Lausanne is worthy?

BA, ND, I believe are very worthy...I would say FR and Lausanne are the other top 2...what is your opinion?

P.S.-If you became a plus member then that would give you the inside track on being a mod, meaning you could become pushy like us mods! j/k ;)

If you'd just said you didn't think they should be there, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But by calling a team horrible and a bad representative, you're going farther than you probably should. Sure, you're entitled to an opinion. But am I not entitled to one myself? When I discuss a point with someone, I'm not doing it as a moderator, I'm doing it as a fan.

When I lock or delete threads, then I'm being a moderator. And I don't lock or delete threads very often. As long as we don't degenerate into cussing, then this thread is pretty safe from locking or having posts deleted.

Opp - The word "horrible" was a little out of line and it was said immediately after the upset, so I'm sure you understand that. I stand by my "bad representation" quote because that DOES reflect an honest opinion that Lausanne should not be there.

Ego - Frankly, I don't think the West should have been represented at all this year. My top four would have been:

BA v. ND

FR v. McCallie

On joining as a plus member: I'm annoyed by several of the moderators on this board and coacht is not returning e-mails. Right now, + membership does not look too enticing. If plus members would talk up a storm on those special + boards it would look better. Seeing posts only every few hours on those boards does not really attract too many people because I think that is one of the main things going for + membership. That needs to look more attractive.

Congratulations to the Lausanne Lynx on their upset win today over Notre Dame. ND was more athletic and better-coached, but Lausanne's scrappiness and perseverance got them the victory. The game was NOT pretty, but Lausanne advances.

I think BA is the better team by a substantial margin, but I thought the same about Notre Dame, so we'll see! ;)

Ego - You do need to talk it up on the + boards though. Tell people to start posting like mad on them so they will look attractive. It's bad when you see board and it looks like the volleyball page where it hasn't been posted on in two days. If ya'll talk up those subjects on the + boards, more people will see a reason to join instead of just hearing + members tell them they are missing a lot.