High School Teams vs Summer Teams

knox

School Ball- You are all going through the same things, and you are representing something way bigger than yourself. It is a pride thing, so it is awesome.

Summer Ball- You are playing with and against the best of the best. More college coaches see you (even though saying I play for Ezell does help a lot!)

Summer ball is a machine b/c people come in and out, and your goal is just to win. School ball is more like a family, you are with each other whether you want to be or not, and you are all representing something.

[Edited by EzellSoftball04 on 3-23-03 10:09P]

I think that both teams are very important. In school ball you are representing your school and the community in which you live. As a player you are brought together by territorial boundaries (except for those that move to another city) to form a bond (which will either be strong or not formed at all).

In summer ball the teams are handpicked, and the team is expected to win rather than to form a bond. Usually all of the players know of each other before (disregarding first year team members), and everyone one the field has great talent. This is my view of the good summer teams I have seen that go into tournaments and simply demolish the competition.

I think school ball was always more important to me because I was representing Hawkins County, and plus the rivalries were awesome. In summer ball you aren't against certain teams, just individual players if you don't like them.

I think school ball and summer ball are both important. For one, it keeps us girls playing ball more months out of the year. My school ball team plays summer ball together on the same team, so for us, it keeps us close, and we get more experience working together, so I say summer ball could be just as well of an importance as school ball, however, there are some summerball leagues that could be bad for school ball players... but the more experience you can get, the better!!