Best High School Coaches in TN

doctn

Guest LazyDog

I have to agree about Blackman's Bill Vice. I also have a lot of respect for Richie Chadwick of Tullahoma. Both of these guys are class acts. You don't see them ranting and raving like lunatics on the sidelines, and their teams play well.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach for Clarksville High (Dave Donahue)is one one of the best. Definately in the top 5 at least. He is close to 300 wins right now and is in his 21rst year of coaching this year. No state titles but what does that matter? He coached them to state runner-up last year and finished ranked 2nd in the state and 25th in the country and gave the eventual 7th ranked team in the country (Bearden) their toughest game of their two undefeated seasons. Has won 11 district titles and last season's title was the 8th in a row. Has won several region titles. Has coached many teams with little talent that ended up winning district titles and even won the district title in 1993 even though the team was the 5th seed. Has been one of the most winningest coaches in Tennessee history since 1995 and has NEVER had a losing season since his first year in 1983. He did all this in what used to be considered the toughest region in the state. He would tell anyone that his players were due all the credit but anyone that played for him knows he plays more of a part than he gives himself credit for.

yeah, clarksville's coach is very good.

cookeville's coach from the past four years (paul hayes) is now an assistant coach for the tennessee tech girls' squad. i am pretty sure he still does youth coaching, i think he coached my brother's u-15 team last fall.

Bobby Knight and Dean Smith, two of the all time greatest college basketball coaches, have radically different courtside personalities. Bobby Knight is famous for his fiery, sometimes extreme behavior; but no one takes his teams lightly.

Riverdale's Coach Arman is loud and intense, but he gets a lot out of his team. I can understand how Riverdale's opponents might not like his coaching style, but he's trying to win soccer games, not a popularity contest.

Personality aside, Arman knows soccer, and so far this seasons, Riverdale has exceeded my expectations considering the personnel issues they've faced.