Mc Kenzie vs Lexington

tigeracoach

Chase Parker hit a bases loaded single in the bottom of the 8th to score pinch-runner Greg German to give Lexington a 3-2 victory over Mc Kenzie tonight in Lexington. Mc Kenzie led 2-0 going into the bottom of the 7th when Lexington tied the game. Brandon Maness went the distance to pick up the win for Lexington (9-2). Brian Winston suffered the loss for Mc Kenzie. Lexington concludes a four-game homestand on Saturday with a 2:00 date against Bolivar.

Mckenzie played their heart out. Brian pitched probably his best game ever. It seemed to be magic in the 6th inning when the umpires strike zone changed so quickly. This is just an example of Lexington. Maness is an excellent pitcher but Mckenzie had Lexington beat tonight and it just didnt happen. These two teams will probably play twice more.

I have to disagree about the umpire and that is a load of bologna...his zone stayed the same all game. It worked for McKenzie through six innings until their pitcher seemed to tire. For six innings we thought he took the bats out of Lexington's hands. Every key situation was followed by a big borderline stikeout call. Hats off to the McKenzie pitcher as he did a good job, I'm sure he wouldn't want you belittling his outing by saying something bad about the umping. I guess the umps had something to do with Lexington finally starting to hit the ball, or the McKenzie making every single play in the game. Its just part of baseball. That Ump isn't from Lexington, I think he may be from Parsons or something like that and everyone knows they hate Lexington more than anything in Parsons so the Umpiring wasn't any excuse for the loss. Hat's off to Brandon Maness for pitching good enough to win, even though he wasn't at his best. And how about that Triple Play that Lexington turned in the top of the seventh to hold McKenzie. Momentum got McKenzie, not the Umps. And one more thing...why didn't McKenzie stay for the JV game afterwards. Talk about being a bad sport!! That is wrong. I heard the Lexington coaches after the game and they were pretty mad about it.

according to coach patterson and coach davis you did have a JV game scheduled. Your coach called them sometime in the fall after the schedule was made out and said that you would have enough players to have a JV team so you could play JV games. I guess he forgot about that.