smyrna

Guest bigbeast

Guest jamie0414

Region4fan exactly where do you get all your information? It sounds as if you know the smyrna girls personally. How you do you that Hibdon accepted the Siegal job. I highly dount it. I don't think you can really say Willy will be offered the job because no one knows yet. You might be right, he might be the next coach at smyrna but no one knows that. I just want to know where you get so much information.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Jamie, you might want to check the Rutherford County Schools website under Job Openings or read Jeff Jordan's Daily News Journal Colulmn from earlier in the week. He listed Hidbon's job at Rock Springs as OPEN!!( along with Smyrna's , Christiana Middle's,and Eagleville's) Of course Eagleville and Christiana's have now been filled. Hibdon's job at Rock Springs is listed on the website as open. That means that people can interview for his job at ROCK SPRINGS because he is no longer their coach. Why would the principal list it if he hadn't already accepted a job elsewhere?? I live in Siegal's zone. My neighbors have kids who are going to Siegal. He HAS accepted a job as an assistant at Siegal High....for BOYS' basketball under Chris Harris. This is OLD news. It was decided BEFORE Donaldson even resigned.SO NOW HE IS BACK TRACKING AND TRYING FOR ANOTHER SCHOOL BEFORE EVEN ONE PRACTICE AT SIEGAL.If you are a player at SHS, which I KNOW that you are....you should already know this information.I am telling you again....jobs do NOT get posted as open unless someone has taken another job AND it has been approved by the Rutherford County School Board.

As a player, I hope that you get whichever candidate that will best suit your team. You girls are very talented and should go very far under the right leadership.YOU need to establish yourself as a team leader and fight hard to help this team under the new transtition. You need to accept who the new coach is and work twice as hard as before. I hope you girls win it all. I also hope the coaching situation will be resolved soon. Will Donaldson continue to teach there??That could be an issue with Hibdon too...he needs that Physical Education job of hers, doesn't he?

One more thing...no, I do not know the Smyrna girls on the team personally. However, I do know a parent of a girl who will be a freshman there this fall. She played this year at SMS . I can figure out that you are a player simply by your username and looking at the roster for SHS for a match of your name and #.It does not take a rocket scientist.

[Edited by region4fan on 4-26-03 12:31P]

[Edited by region4fan on 4-26-03 1:53P]

Guest region4fan

Thanks for the info on the teaching positions. I was informed that Hibdon taught Physical Ed. But...is Donaldson sticking around or taking another job elsewhere?

Guest region4fan

Not to mention it being tough on the girls! Is anyone on that squad still loyal to her? I would hope that she would not try to sabotoge the new coach's program.HOWEVER... I am not saying that she would by any means. I have just heard that she is very bitter.

Region4fan I know you know alot but I just want to know how? Do you know "ANYONE" that plays basketball at SHS? But I have a question who do you personally think will get the job at Smyrna?

[Edited by FIRISH on 4-27-03 1:31P]

[Edited by FIRISH on 4-27-03 8:14P]

Guest region4fan

No, FIRISH...I have already answered this question. I do not know ANYONE on SHS'S basketball team. I do know personally adults that have access to information about the girls and the program at Smyrna High. They are the ones who PERSONALLY know the players on the team.I also have contact through church with a FORMER player that remains friends with current players. That is how I am able to comment on the situation. If the "parent" gets his way, Hibdon will get the job. Hidbon has kept VERY tight with the girl in question.There are still several factors about Hibdon that Raikes is uncomfortable with. Willey would be the obvious choice as he has experience and has won at the 3A level. However, he also has some question marks. So I think it may boil down to how much power the "parent" has. Now you tell me, FIRISH, how much power does the parent have????Cause I know you know!!

Guest region4fan

FIRISH....I am assuming that you , yourself, are a player. Now I could be wrong....yes, I have been known to be wrong before. Sometimes my sources are incorrect. Though it pains me to say so...it does happen.This "parent" that I speak of had massive control in football. I am not sure of the magnitude of his power in basketball. However, from a legal standpoint considering what happened to the young lady in question...I would say that "someone's butt could be in a sling" if they are not pacified. ited by region4fan on 4-27-03 5:11P]

[Edited by region4fan on 4-27-03 9:05P]

Well the decision could come as early as tuesday, and that is coming straight out of mr. raikes' mouth. He wants somebody with experience which is a strike against Hibdon, but also Willey coached at Smyrna in the 90's then left to go LaVergne, which is a strike against him. If i had to guess, i would put my money that Willey gets the job. If i had a say in it though, I would pick Hibdon. He may not have the experience but he sure does have the knowledge and the girls look up to him. The smart decision is Willey, but the smartesr thing is not always the best thing. If Hibdon doesnt get the SHS job he shouldnt worry because he will be a hot comodity for lots of schools for years to come.That guy can flat out coach.