Pitching mounds getting higher

riserk

Is it just me or are the pitching mounds on the girls softball fields getting higher all the time. In the last few years i have see alot of new fields and the pitching rubber is at least 3 feet higher then the plate . After watching a lot of pitchers this seems to hurt all of them except the dropball pitchers. The fast balls seem to get higher and the riseball is harder to get through the zone.

What do you coaches and pitchers think.

My DD's High School plays at a city maintained park. The ball fields are used for Little League after we are through and also Jr. Pro football in the fall.

I noticed this spring we have more elevation in the center of the infield than last spring. I figure this is from either (1) left over baseball activities or; (2) attempts by the city crews to improve field drainage.

I haven't seen much difference in pitching but I haven't talked to pitchers/catchers who would notice a problem first. No complaints so far.

I have noticed that bunts or slow rollers down the lines WILL go foul where it wasn't a sure bet before.

Coach B