Franklin vs Centennial

FHSrebel27

well if u want to go into questionable calls, how about 4 yellow cards for centennial and none for franklin. How about the ref calling a push in the box which should be a pk, because it is a direct kick foul, but calling an indirect kick. How about the constant fouling against ryan mattison. Franklin was a very good team, and they desearvde to win, but don't say the refs denied you a goal, when he denied Centennial a good officiated game.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the refs were very fair i thought. it was called tight for both teams throughout and the cards really don't matter anyways. alexander vs. mattison was good but the only reason you could give that to alexander is because soccer is a team sport and his team won, but i dont think it had anything to do with how he played on mattison. ryan had numerous shots in the 18 that he just couldn't put away and when he was stopped it was usually due to franklins backs doin a good job helping alexander. alexander doesn't play as strong as he could for someone his size either. good game franklin and good luck the rest of the season.

The refs were very fair...cosistantly tight on both sides. The foul in the box was for obstruction (indirect free kick) and Franklin had a yellow card for delay of game (unsportsman like conduct), while at least one, maybe two, of Centennial's were for dissent. Hardly a poorly refereed game on those grounds. As for Ryan Mattison(sp?)...he falls down a lot is all I can say. Sure with Alexander as his marking back he was going to get bumped around a bit. He would be a much better player if he added some bulk and became more physical. Mattison reminds me of Franklin's Nichols, minus about two seconds on his forty, but I think Nichols is more physical than Mattison. Both teams are good and I was glad to see Franklin play well, they have been in a slump.

Good luck to both of these very talented teams.