Eric Havens - Greenback

Brandon Bradley - Univ. School of Johnson City

Clint White - Midway

Rusty Chambers - Unaka

Darren Payne - Harriman

Aaron Seal - Hancock County

Drew Franklin - Catholic

Coach of the Year - Brad Flatford - Cosby

As shown in The Knoxville News-Sentinal and other newspaper throughout Tennessee, including NE :)

[Edited by GHSgozz22 on 4-22-03 10:18P]

You have Jarrod Wooten (MVP of District tourney), and Rocky Nichols (MVP of his district), but where is Chucky Lindholm (MVP of Watauga Conference)???? You have two from the Watauga Conference before Chucky?? Vince argueably yes, but Cornett? Where's your logic? Just another newspaper fan wanting to put his opinion out there without facts. The season is over, move on. And where is Azmar Blye (MVP of Big Seven)????

Well I'm sorry you guys are getting your panties in a wad over this. Listen, this list of players, the ALL EAST TENNESSEE TEAM, just happen to come out in the paper. I looked on CoachT to see if it was posted or showing anywhere. Well it wasn't, so I took it upon myself, knowing that other people might want to know who made the team, to post it. Once again, I DIDN'T MAKE THIS LIST AND NO QUOTES WERE MADE ABOUT IT. It's the LIST. That's WHO MADE IT, GET OVER IT. I didn't make the list. "Quoting a Knoxville paper about what happens in NE Tennessee is pointless" ? How so? The same list is coming out in the newspaper in NE Tennessee. Give me a break, all I wanted to do was post the rosters.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH Does anybody talk to each other?
    • OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.