1st team to 30 wins...

HiwasseeVol

It is indeed difficult to compare strength of schedule between a powerhouse like Farragut and a single A powerhouse like USJ. Also, with schedules made a year in advance who knows? For example, USJ played 2A Portland this year, and Portland almost won the state last year losing out to Lexington. However, Portland is down somewhat this year.USJ also beat Lexington this year in a great game by both teams.With JCS and USJ in the same district this has to be the toughest 1A district in the state.Outside of district games,11 so far, USJ has played 4, 1A teams including Columbia Aca.( which they won). All other games have been against 2A,3A, or larger schools such as they played in Powerade Classic in Fla. in which they went 4-0 including a victory over Pensacola Catholic who came to Memphis and defeated Houston and lost a close game to Germantown in finals.USJ still has Briarcrest, whom they beat earlier this year, Murry, KY., and Bartlett on their schedule. I've written alot to simply say congradulations to any team that has won 30 games!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does USJ play so many games during the regular season? By the time districts roll around, they have played 40+ games. Other than a few other "private" schools class A teams do not play that much. Give me some answers.

Also, the kids at USJ, 300 students (maybe), play multiple sports and I am wondering how they can be so competive at such a small school. I know Carey does a great job, but how does the kids that play football (state title game apperances), basketball (been to state tournaments), and baseball (state titles) do as well as they do? Is the city of Jackson that loaded with talented kids? Do they go to USJ for athletic reasons? What do the football players at USJ who play baseball do during the baseball season? Do they lift weights at 5:30 AM, or do they concentrate on the sport that is in season? This is very interesting. Give some insight if you can. :rolleyes:

gameday - I agree with you re: District 4. The fact is - there will be a couple of District 4 teams staying home that could win a region, just look at their records outside of the district. This just further illustrates how good Farragut has been this year.

BTW - do you ever have to do anything in class? You seem to have a lot of time to post (just like some of us who are "at work"). :confused: :rolleyes:

Guest msn1906

they play almost everyday and twice some days. they are able to do this b/c they have lots of depth in their pitchin staff.

They work extremely hard in the summer, their only offseason unless they're playing summer ball, which is very likely. I know for a fact that they are on a very extensive weight program for football during the summer.(Most baseball players play football) they workout mon-thurs for several hours and some come twice a day.

Some people do go there for athletics. it is a very confident, not cocky, atmosphere and they like the challenges and expectations put upon them. Most people play to their expectations, and if you do that at usj, you will be in the state championship game in almost every occasion. high standards are also placed on social life and academics. you will find only the very best at usj

XBOX,

There are some very interesting insights posted on the PUBLIC/PRIVATE DEBATE forum that might answer some of your questions. USJ is a private single A school with an enrollment of 316 (not positive). They are currently ranked 6th in the state in baseball and have won 3 of the past 4 state championships in baseball. In the entire state, there are only 4 AAA schools and 1 DIV II school ranked ahead of them. Scan over some of the public/private debate and then you figure out how they do it.

If USJ ranks up there with the AAA schools, why aren't they playing the AAA schools? No, they don't have to because by enrollment figures (which TSSAA uses to determine classifications) USJ is single A. USJ figured out the system and is working it well. They have a great baseball team.

RHSfan

Bizazz,

I know of 3 players at Farragut whose Blue Ribbon Education ends at 11:40 everyday and other who take classes with access for a computer for hours straight all to accomodate their CoachT life. There are a lot of perks going on...some being players who are in gym class getting to hit and work on the field(thats a part of why the field is top notch) But I am just glad that i can be a part of a team who has had 30 wins or more every year i have been here. And i dont think anybody is really trying to take away from USJ but the competition is very different thats all i am going to say. oh yeah is B. Bell done with his leave of Absense?