PERRY COUNTY IN THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT!!!

vikingbaseball

Perry County has been showing great signs of life this year in the district rankings, beating Collinwood and Waynesboro... Although there were some games we should have won but lost for the simple reason that we were not ready to play (having players that dont even care much at all about baseball distracting our dedicated players.) Now that those players have quit, Perry County now have their heads in the right place and is ready to put up a serious fight in the district tournament...Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on Perry County's 2003 season and what is to come later in the year??? Any suggestions as to anything we may be doing wrong in playing?

well i play for columbia acaedmy and its my first year here and being part of this district. and the first time we played yall i must say i thought it was rather pathetic but after that 2nd meeting i do have a new found respect for perry county you all play with alot of heart and are a very dangerous team

This years team is a good team if they play like they can. These kids have alot of heart when they play and if they want to play they all can. They played C.A.very good and really played like they can. But then they played Mt. Pleasant and looked like the bad news bears. They are a team that noone ever knows about. Good luck vikings. It takes a team to win the games and you all can play like a team and win if you want it.

its gonna be tough for you though. when you beat c-wood we didnt have two of the starters there. a senior and a junior were in nashville that game. and from what i heard that was the worse that we've ever played. its not an excuse but they are factors. yes you need a team to win BUT when you come up against ca or mt.plesant, summertown or any of those teams like that then its gonna take more than just a team, your gonna need some talent. ca has kempher and anderson. and perry county doesnt have anyone even close to those two. the best i think you'll do in the tourney is you might make it past the first round. but thats a big might.

[Edited by flamethrower14 on 4-26-03 2:35P]