CC in Cookeville Tourney

bigA52

The first game was against Mt. Juliet 9-0 - they just won their second game 21-0 - yes, I said 21-0 - against Daniel Boone in 3 innings - not bad, 30 points scored in 8 innings!!! I'd say their bats are definitely HOT!!!! Your darling, Falon, pitched the first game (a no-hitter) and 2 innings of the second game, and then the rest of the players went in and did their "thang" - definitely a team effort - Their first single elim game tomorrow is at 1:30 (the 8:00 am game will feature the JV). Maybe CC wants to make a statement???? :)

Goodpasture will still be tough without their ace.They are the most disciplined batting team I've seen. You still have to keep the team from scoring. With the bats and speed, their number 2/1 pitcher just has to pick it up a notch to continue to win. Remember, there is a lot of talk about the ace and her prowess, don't forget they still put multiple runs on the board and sport a top notch defense. There are eight great players behind Danielle and you still have to beat them. Any one of the remaining eight can score multiple times. There are no holes. Any one of them would start on a Class A travel team in their respective positions. How many teams can do that? Throughout the past, many state champs have sent girls to D1 colleges but never all starting nine that I can remember. This team can do that.

Thanx for the info guys. Wished I could have been there.

If someone could post some more info after the games have taken place tonight I would apreshate that, i will check this when i get off work late 2night!

jusluvsports-- who are you cause i know that you know who i am? lol. "my darling" lol i like that!

thanx

A

[Edited by bigA52 on 4-26-03 9:44A]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, ERA, we always look forward to a trip to Manchester, whether it is summer ball or high school. We will be there on Monday, would not miss it for the world.. Our girls are going to step up and do their best...and rally around our pitcher to do whatever needs to be done....and that is all the coaches have ask of them....DO YOUR BEST AND THE REST WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF...See you guys on Monday... :)