Sink the Admirals part Deux

HiwasseeVol

It may take a few "Hot Shots" from the Beavers to keep the Admirals on the field for 7 innings Monday. :)

Everyone will have their eyes on Cale Iorg at SS for Karns (Dad is Garth formally of MLB) and Tony Delmonico at SS for the Admirals (Dad is Rod Delmonico, head coach of the baseball Vols). Both are great prospects, Cale is rated the #2 2004 player in the state and the #63 nationally ranked 2004 player. Tony has had a great year at SS for the Admirals as a freshman and has been hitting the ball like a senior.

Farragut is currently the #6 ranked team in the nation and #1 in Tennessee with the depth that most coaches can only dream about. The've had a season of double digit wins against most of their opponents with outstanding pitching, speed on the base path and power at the plate. All of this while keeping their heads out of the clouds.

Karns will need to pitch well and keep the Admirals from the huge scoring innings and play sound defense like they have at times this year. I hope for the best and couldn't hope for a better team to finish the season against if it turns out as a loss for the Beavers.

Good Luck Monday to both teams. :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HV:

Good post and thanks for the kind words for this year's Diamond Admirals. We are thrilled to watch this bunch of kids play. They are very supportive of each other, and take each game on its own merits. We also look forward to Monday's Region 2 semifinal game and hope we can be the same type of hosts as you all were at Karns earlier in the season. Congratulations to the Karns Beavers on an excellent season and the opportunity to continue it beyond District play.

Come see us in the "skybox!!"

I mean Does anyone really think Farragut is going to get beat? I know baseball is an extremely strange game, and sometimes the best team doesn't always win. But honestly Karns doesn't match up with anybody for Farragut. As you can see with Farragut's record, not many have. I see this one being a cakewalk just like the last Maryville game, Seriously this is East Tennessee baseball, and Farragut dominates everyone, So anyone thinking Farragut's going to get beat, don't even post, it's a waste of your time

The Admirals are working hard towards their goal of getting to Memphis! but they need to take things one step at a time! they can't look past karns even though they beat them 14-4 last go around. This is the post-season and anything can happen! I really do not see Cale being the #2 prospect out of Tennessee for his class. He might be a good ballplayer but #2 in the state and #63 nationally? You've got to be kidding me! There's no way he should be ranked that high! By the way...if Cale's number 2....Kyle Waldrop better be #1 or that pitcher from Houston...cause you cannot honestly tell me that Cale Iorg better than Kyle! I agree he's a good ball player, and a great prospect...but i do not feel he should be ranked that high! but HiwasseeVol you're a smart person on here and know a lot and i respect you so i just might not know what i am talking about! Good luck Admirals! i'll be watching! Melkor...will you be there?

yallalreadyknow248,

The rankings aren't mine, I was just passing them along. The 2004 rankings I spoke of has the pitcher from Houston you refer to is the #3 ranked player in the state "John Lalor". The #1 player in the 2004 class is "David Price" from Blackman.

To be honest, the rankings don't mean a great deal and it is really all about the exposure that the players have. Many players across the state don't get to be seen by the right people and don't show up in the rankings.

As for Cale, when I first saw his ranking, I thought it was high for someone that missed his sophomore year due to surgery, but Cale attended the right event and graded out very well. Someone told me that at least Cale being ranked high will help other players in the state because the scouts will attend games to see Cale and these same scouts will then be able to see the other players. That made a lot of sense to me and I'm all for the players in our state being seen.

Many people know that I believe that "Kyle Waldrop" is one of the top ranked players in the 2004 class in Tennessee. I certainly wouldn't disagree with you in any way. There are many players from the Farragut team that have baseball in their future after high school if it's their wish.

I can tell you that Cale had an outstanding year as the Karns SS and made plenty plays by getting to balls that would be hits anywhere else. He also has great speed and his presence at the plate is will take him far. My son has commented to me many times that he never gives up on the out when Cale goes for a ball, that when he dives and comes up throwing, "he had better have his mitt laced tight".

The Farragut & Karns team has players other than Cale and Tony that can make plenty outstanding plays, "Farragut has by far more that Karns".

Farragut is on a mission this year, "I'm happy that I have been able to see some of their games". I appreciate good baseball and players that are committed to a team concept leading toward one goal.