13u AAU opinion

I was at the Clarksville substate and stayed to watch the Future play Williamson county team. I have since read all of the childish message board stuff between people who are obviously involved with these two teams and I couldn't stand it any longer without commenting since I just saw that they both will be playing in the YBOA substate in brentwood this weekend.

First of all, the game in Clarksville was a very good game. A lot of players gave it their best on both sides. I hope the kids had fun.

Second of all, the blabber that has been posted about coaches is childish. How does all that stuff help the kids??? Run the court, not your mouth!

If I am in town and I find out that these two teams will be playing each other in brentwood, I am for sure going to try to be there to see it. It was obvious that the Williamson team let the trash talk hurt them and maybe this time their parents will put some cotton in their ears.

The Williamson team has better players fundamentally, but the Future team plays better as a team.

The Williamson team will have a better chance if they will do four things:

1. A lot of times the point guard trys to do it all by himself and ducks his head when he is closely guarded. Somebody needs to tell him that he can't ever see anybody open if he has his head down. I think he may be the best player on either team but he makes himself look bad when he tries to be a hero all by himself.

2. The shorter Future players outplayed the big "Ripleys" kid inside because he never would jump. They made him look bad by outjumping him, but if you will look at this kids legs you will see that he has already developed excellent muscle tone in his legs and doesn't have to be afraid of them any more.

3. Williamson county must beat the Future down the floor every single time. If they hear the Future coach start yelling "Push" "Push" Push" they must outun them or else.

4. The williamson players are too young to realize that Trash Talk is really just Baby talk from some kid who is afraid and is trying to talk tough because he knows inside that he is not as good as he tries to say he is. He thinks if he talks big time it won't show that he can't play big time. When the williamson kids get a little older they will see that when a player starts Trash Talking them he knows he isn't really that good or else he is getting tired, or both.

I predict that the Williamson team will win because if the Future players Trash Talk, the Williamson kids will know that the future players are scared and if they don't trash talk, the Williamson team will win because the Williamson kids will know that the Future's coach told them not too because he read this message and he is the one who is scared.

Here we go again. As a member of the Williamson County Wildcat program. I would like to say that we as a team our parents/players were not involved in any of the Internet trash talking. Some person or persons were trying to stir things up. Secondly we are not intimidated by the Future their players or any trash talking that might take place. We are not intimated by any team in this state for that matter we will compete and play hared win or lose. The Future won the first game on the court period (no excuses). This just makes us more motivated. Our kids understand the areas that we need to improve in. This is just a game between 13-14 year old kids. Leave it at that!!! The Wildcats have nothing negative to say about the Future or any other u13 team in Nashville!! Good luck to all the teams and coaches who have worked very hard.

Additionally if you are not from the Wildcats why talk about us? If you decide to anyway make sure you mention that you’re not affiliated with

our program. The first post was from a parent or coach from one of the other teams in the tournament. I hope this thread does not degenerate like the last one on this subject did I have nothing else to say about this stuff.

Edited by btexpress

Campaign, I'm impressed with the fact you took such notice to what transpired in the Sub-State championship between the FUTURE and the Wildcats. However, there's some things you missed.

And also all the garbage that was posted previously is old news, why are you bringing it back up? Our team is off focusing on bigger and better things.

Besides it doesn't really matter either way, but are you so sure the FUTURE started all the trash talking? I'd like to sit you down and let you review the tape (frame by frame), you may have a different perspective. I've reviewed it several times now. Let me know if you'd like to see it.

And besides most of the trash-talking that took place was between players who are the best of friends anyway. In fact, they were together the night after the Sub-State. In fact, two were in class together the next day.

These boys have played together previously, played together at the same schools this year, ride to school together, etc.

Our boys are no different than any of these other boys, but if we talk it gets miscontrued. Others talk and it goes unsaid. I can show you the tape where our player asked the ref to tell one of the Wildcats to quit talking. The ref did nothing. So because we talk back, and backed it up, were the bad guys? Don't start stereotyping us because we aren't what you want us to be.

It's friendly competition. At the end of the day, we left it all on the court. Why don't you leave this at the gym as well?

Finally, win or lose, we aren't scared of ANYONE. These boys have played 14/15 year old boys and have yet to back down.

Scared? Come on Campaign, you've been drinking too much champagne.

I know you would like to see the FUTURE fall, but until you put together a team and come out and do it yourself, just continue to enjoy watching the big dogs play (FUTURE/Wildcats May 17th 1:00pm Brentwood Academy Middle School).

I THINK ITS FUNNY THAT SOME ONE IS SO INTERESTED 13U 14U KIDS PLAY AAU BALL... BUT FOR SOMEONE LOOKING IN FROM THE OUTSIDE YOU WOULD BE LOST.. SO LET ME EXPLAIN.. THESE 2 PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR THE PAST 3 YRS. AND HOPEFULLY TILL THESE KIDS GO ON TO COLLEGE...AS AIR SAID, THESE KIDS ARE FRIENDS AND ALL TALK TO EACH OTHER FROM SCHOOL TO THE COURT. WE MAY DO IT ON HERE BUT WHEN ITS GAME TIME THAT STOPS..SO SIT BACK, ITS GOING TO BE A WILD RIDE AT YBOA.. TO ALL THE TEAMS----- GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE------ :ph34r: