U-15 D1 state Tourny

soccernut204

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan is too much of a good sport to point out how wrong all you "prognosticators" are who claim so 'knowledgably" that his 88 Dragons are dead and 88 MFC is one of the teams to beat.

I'm not. *lol*

MFC's club tournament the MIT just finished this morning.

Guess who didn't make the U15 semis? MFC 88.

Guess who won the U15 bracket? 88 Dragons. They beat the MVP team from Chicago in the semis 2-1, the same team that beat MFC 4-1 earlier in the day. Dragons beat FC Dallas in the finals 2-1. They won both games without Nolan, who sustained an injury in the first half of the semis.

MFC 88 is a good team (the only MFC team to make the D1 boys state semis OR finals last year) and the tables may well still turn. But like I said in an earlier post, don't underestimate defending state champions like the 88 Dragons. They have a great coach in Tony Whicker; they added a few new players, including Tony's son Nick; and they have most of the same players that have taken them to the state finals FOUR years in a row and the state championship last year. Plus, they appear now to have a found a steady and dependable goalkeeper; he only gave up 4 goals in 6 games this weekend. (Of course the Dragons awesome defense helps.)

By the way, here's a quiz: what is the only soccer club in Tennessee to place FOUR boys teams in the D1 state semifinals last year and to win TWO D1 state boys titles? (Hint: they're based in Memphis.)

GO DRAGONS!

Well its kinda hard to pick a favorite....that is why soccer is so exciting. Any team could win on any given day. Although some awesome team may have 70% of the possession, they could finish terribly and the other team could get some crap goal and pull off a big upset. Although TNFC, MFC, Dragons, and the Stars are always favorites, its hard to pick which of those is the best. It just depends on the given day. I would agree that you can't underestimate the defending champs because its their title to lose, but its also other people's title to win. So past experiences don't really help that much. Yea, they may have "game expierence", but so does every other player in the league. They're D1. They know how to play the game. They all do or they wouldnt be there. Its just hard to pick a favorite out of all the great clubs playing this year. Still you have to give the upper hand to the Dragons. They did win last year. That has gotta count for something.

TNFC may not be the team they were in the past. In the fall and over the winter the lost some key players. They lost their best player and also lost some pretty good players that quit because TNFC drove them to insanity because they couldn't manage a successful team. I think Fuego out of HFC will be very competitive. At the end of the fall season, they really bonded as a team and defeated most teams in their path. TNFC fell apart at crucial moments. THe dragons also have a good shot. They are the defenfing state champions and they are coming of a huge MIT (Memphis Invitational Tourny) victory. Apparently MFC 88 isn't a great team because they didn't do so well (of course they could have just been off). I think Fuego is the underdog and that they will rise to the challenge.

Oh My bad did I hurt ur feelings.....Ok here are My thoughts!! Knox Starz are winnin it...Better? :lol::lol:

dude do you play for the Stars? hmmm.......i somehow remember yall not making it out of the first round last year....thats wierd.....yall got eliminate...oh well...maybe its just me