Hendersonville vs. Farragut

HiwasseeVol

SoupKitchen said to make sure to give kudos to the Hendersonville team, he said they were the best bunch of hitters that the Admirals had faced this year.

Jimmy Kelly started for the Admirals, but fell behind and Steven Hahn came in and left with a 9-5 lead for Philip Sherrard in the top of the 6th. Hendersonville tied the game in the top of the 7th at 9-9 and Harrison Eldridge led off the bottom of the 7th and was hit-by-pitch after an 0-3 count. Philip Sherrard then was hit and Michael McHenry grounded out and Kyle Waldrop knocked in the winning run. Philip Sherrard was the winning pitcher.

Hendersonville started Brandon McClurg, then Lindsey Lambert and Ben Bostic finished.

Sounded like a great game. Congratulations Farragut and Hendersonville on a tough fight.

Edited by HiwasseeVol

Thanks again HVol for a quality assist.

I cannot say enough about the Hendersonville hitters.....these fellows are stone cold hitters. The leadoff man Reynolds is one of the best 2 strike hitters I've seen in high school. Richardson, Tucker, and Whitaker hit all day long against Farragut and Houston.

.......but the Admiral's did find a way to win. Our side loaded up in the 4th with 6 runs on 6 hits.

The Commando's deserve the kudo's HVol passed on for me.

Farragut deserves to be #1. They are a class act on and off the field. Good parents and fans. Though I wish Hendersonville had won, we played our best against their best. I am a parent of one of the players and I am very proud of our team. No excuses here. Farragut deserves it. Good luck no matter who they play on Saturday. I had just read on another post that our team were not good sports, but that is wrong. We were picked 4th in our district and overlooked in all of the District awards, even though we won our District. Our boys just decided to go out and have fun and play. And we did. We knocked off Riverdale and Houston. ;)

Edited by anders

anders,

The sportsmanship deal.....I still take the Sgt Schultz on that one "I know nutting".......as to you ball team I am acutely aware of the best hitting team, outside ours, I have seen in my son's 3 years of H.S. baseball. I watched 4 games by you guys and how Riverdale could have been perceived better than you is beyond me.....maybe we see Oakland today.

Also, it was cool to attend your graduation yesterday. Congrats to those new H.S. grads, and we might see your other fellows somewhere down the road.

i agree, hendersonville had the best bats farragut had seen all year, congratulations on a great season getting that far and do well next year, as for the sportsmanships issue, just ask a certain mexican about missing warmup grounders and how Hville jested him for it, but hey that'll happen....that'll happen

FA15.....you were the key to that win........Yes the H'ville bats are strong.....and their #1 guy, #5 Reynolds, is the best leadoff "I" have seen this year.....and you know who I think would be #2......he could stake us to 2 strikes and get on some how....but I do remember a "K" on 3 pitches from you.

Congrats on your year, your career, and especially your post season honor.......the one that will help you the most......as you recant "Your STATE CHAMPIONSHIP" Sr. year.