Cross County Rivals

Volball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott High and Oneida should play each other.

I can't imagine Maryville not playing Alcoa,William Blount or Heritage.

Maryville didn't play Heritage or William Blount in 95 and 96 and it made me mad. MHS had too many region games that year. MHS had to play Cocke County and Smyrna that year. Nothing against Cocke County and Smyrna but I would much rather play Heritage and William Blount.

Cocke County was in the region them 2 years. MHS had only 1 opening and they thought it would be better if they couldn't play both county schools then play someone else.

sorry i'm not one t ocompare scores to see who would win, i go and watch the games. oneida was in the red zone a few times that game and threw interceptions because their quarterback is too small to see over the line and just throws it. and one man, excuse me boy can't beat one team, i don't care how amazing you think he is. york broke a few big plays the indians shouldnt have allowed. they never had anything worth calling a drive. next time come to the games and watch. as far as i know scott high didnt even finish the game because of the refs, so you couldnt have said they wouldnt have been beat either...thats my opinion, i'm entitled to it

yea the reason onedia got close to the endzone becase york put their back ups in early. oh i seen both teams play onedia wasnt very impressive they are not as physical as scott. and scott has a whole lot more team speed. and both schools have about the same amount of players on each team. oh and last time i went to a game they compared scores to see who won. oh you dont need to drive the ball when your geting 40 yard runs up the middle.

Edited by pig

pig, i'm not going to argue anymore. i believe it would be a close game. the defense would step up a level to play scott, i don't think they would get any 40 yard runs. i know you will disagree no matter what i say but i think oneida will have a good year, and i also think they would be scott high in a close one, but i'm just talking, you don't have to listen

my bad penny never ment to argue with you. i just wish they would play the game.it would help both schools. but thats what i think

i think scott could have a shoot at the playoffs if they work hard this summer. good luck to both schools

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I checked this thread. It looks like alot of people think there are alot of pro's and very few con's to such a game. I truly don't understand why whoever it is that is standing in the way of such an outstanding high school football experience for the players and fans don't wise up. You would be talking about a $10,000 to $15,000 gate. Two schools in a rural county could find a way to use that kind of money and it would probably give the players a little something extra to work for.

As for no room on the schedule. List the team's non-region schedule's and let's see where any one of the game's would bring in even 1/3 of that kind of gate. It need's to happen, no reason will hold water as to why it don't.

JUST PLAY!!!

• 3 weeks later...

k heres the scott's non-region schedule jellico claiborne and campbell.

some people have said the reason the game couldnt happen was because the schools being in differnt classes but scott is playin jellico and their in the same class as oneida so there goes that excuse.

Edited by headhunter69