Junior Sunbelt Wrong!

bf1221

How can this team say they want the best players in the state, when they take players from last year and younger players. Question? Do players of this age and ones that have not been there not get a chance if they had a good year? I do not know the younger player, but how does this help the juniors this year that did well? WHAT ARE YOU ABOUT!!!!!!

The TBCA has not come out with thier rooster for their showcase ;) , but I hope that they were more select in what they did. IF NOT THEY ARE WRONG TOO!!!!!!!

bf 1221 - who do you think should have gone? this team had a working list of 40 or so players they started at the top and went with who was willing to go and that's all you can do... last night Cozart called and left a message he was going to stay and play a summer league tourney... the kids and some coaches don't understand what an honor this is to play in this tournament... i'll guarantee that more scouts and coaches will see kids that week than they will added up all summer. The other thing that is prohibitive is the cost of $300 per player... In Oklahoma, they charge $125 for each player to TRY OUT! just to try out! no guarantee's of making it- just to keep the numbers down... this is the #1 most prestigious summer tournament in the nation... and you are right we have some kids that should be going but are not! why? i have already mentioned two - kids don't understand the opportunity, hs coaches don't understand, $300, and a lot of these summer guys are selfish- if a player is good enough to be invited- a summer coach should encourage a player to go, period!

You think three hundred dollars is steep??? Players pay more than that for a three day CAMP! The three hundred covers ALL food, boarding in a Ramada Inn, jerseys, socks, a chartered bus and TEN games. You think that is steep? I think that is cheap. I don't know about you all, but I would spend at least half of that on my son if he were at home for those eight days. As any team (all-state, all tourney, all-dsitricts, etc.) there are good players not chosen. Only a designated number could be picked. I think it is a great group of players going.