Chattanooga Memorial Tournament

LJ1764

Frost Falcons 18U BK eliminated by the GA Vipers. Although coached by Clifford Kirk and pitched by Ashley Frizzell, they only won one game in pool, 1-3. Their first game was a state AAA rematch between Cumberland's Filley now playing for the White Lightning and Soddy's Frizzell playing for Frost Falcons. Frost lost 2-0. I've said it before, I'll say it again.......You gotta have more than pitching.

Wild Things 18U eliminated by the Brentwood Blues. Ms. Rhodes had it going on, but it was the BLues hitting that won it for them.

TN White Lightning 18U eliminated.

Phoenix 18U elimnated.

Knox Thunder 18U eliminated.

Maryville Magic 18U eliminated.

The GA teams are the ones to beat right now. They have been playing together for months, since their HS season doesn't start until the fall.

Does anyone know why there was not a gold bracket? It is bad enough having to beat Georgia teams for the Tennessee at-large berth, but quite a few excellent Tennessee A teams were eliminated by Georgia gold teams. In addition, the 18U's were played at Red Bank which were terrible fields for this level of competition. I heard that there were only 75 teams entered, all ages. No wonder. This tournament has really gone down. If not for the at-large berths, I bet there would have been even less entries. Maybe it is time to look at another way of awarding the Tennessee at-large berths!

The 18U games were played on the short fields at Red Bank because Montague Park has been closed down due to Methane gas pockets. The Montague park was built over the site of a former city dump and may never be reopened. One of our coaches told me that there were not enough entries in the gold bracket, so they combined the two brackets You are right about the GA teams. The TN teams that I saw (and that wasn't many) played like they were on the field together for the first time, which was what was indeed happening. Many of our girls were in TN state tourney in MS one week before. Good luck to all for the summer.

Edited by skndvr80