Best teams and player in region 5-3A

jackal

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as best player in the region, Mario Davis from Marshall County has to be mentioned. He is a back with really good speed and also has the power in short yardage sitiuations to get the first down or get into the endzone when needed.

I watched the quarterback from Page last year, and that kid has a really good arm and is pretty tuff when he uses his feet also. I do not know how many of those quick little recivers Page has coming back, but with another year of experience Elliot could cause some defenses a lot of problems.

I have not seen this Herndon Kid play yet, but from what I have read here it sounds like I have been missing out. I am really looking forward to watching Greenbriar and Marshall County play this year.

I know I have missed some other standout players on other teams in the region and when I see some other players that impress I will give them their props on this board as well. MY work schedule makes it hard to see all the games I would like to see.]

Marshall County Fan!

Smokin,

I guess you can't figure out when someone speaks "tongue-in-cheek". Of course I can't control whether or not Roger plays. I was being a smart-alec. My whole point is that we will beat your team with or without Roger. And I hope you prepare for us with the notion that he is all we have. That will not only ensure a victory on our part, but that we beat you soundly! :lol:

Now, on to someone more reasonable.....DOMER, I agree with you about Mario Davis. I thought he was a senior last year. He ran over us pretty good last year. His presence will make it much tougher for Greenbrier to win. It should be a great game. Unfortunately for us, the schedule makers did us a disservice by making us play @ Marshall County two years in a row. Not looking forward to that trip again! :)

Tigerman, saying Jared is the best QB is only correct if you are talking potential. He didn't shine last year as he was very inconsistant. Clearly, he has the potential to be great, but until he can execute in the big games, that is all he will ever be......unexploited potential. B)

BTW Smokin',

Now I see why you don't want to tell me what school you play for. If I played football for Giles County, I wouldn't want to tell anyone, either. You guys are horrible......you have a lot of great athletes, but you can't play as a team. We kicked your butt two years ago when we weren't very good and smashed you again last year.

I was right when I said earlier that y'all must have been one of the teams that Roger made look bad. He probably juked you right out of your jock strap. But, while you focus this year on not letting that happen again, our fullback will knock your head off.....or one of our O-Linemen. Can't wait to see you on October 31st up here in Greenbrier as we use you for our playoffs warm-up!

Why don't you stick to basketball......'cause y'all certainly don't know much about football! Did you guys even bother to show up for the Weight Lifting Competition?!?

WOW 33....you must think you are a genius. I don't play for GC and I would be glad to tell you who if our coach would allow it. Sorry, but I'm not as old as you so I don't get to make my on rules.

You make it sound as if you will be on the field this fall. Too bad time has passed you by. Bet you were great in your day. I'll be looking forward to playing the kittens this fall and may the best team win. Whether you win or we win, the QB for your team is by far your best player. Was last year and will be this year. To bad you don't appreciate his efforts that brings your team their success.

Whether you win or we win, the QB for your team is by far your best player. Was last year and will be this year. To bad you don't appreciate his efforts that brings your team their success.

Smokin',

Well, you finally got it right! I never said he wasn't our best player. Roger is clearly our best player. However, if you take him out, we still have a quality team. We don't fall apart when he is not in. We have a team....not an individual. That is all we have been saying. IMO, we would miss him more as a DB than as a QB if he were not playing. He is MUCH MORE valuable to us on defense than he is on offense.

Giles County can go ahead and focus on Roger all night long. It will do nothing to help you win the game when Roger has the support of many other highly talented players!

Well,

On offense, both our FB and RB are explosive (as well as our QB). Our FB exploded for over 100 yards against Portland in the Spring Game and our RB had nearly 100. But, a lot of the credit for their "explosiveness" goes to the offensive line. They were excuting their blocking schemes almost to perfection, and the backs hit the holes very quickly. When any team executes properly AS A TEAM, they can be explosive! Additionally, our TE is emerging as a great pass catcher as the summer progresses.

On defense we have quite a few. I would begin with DB Roger Herndon, returning All-Region Linebacker Trevor Dickerson, and three DEs who rotate regularly (Nick Brown, Dustin Cole, Joey Stephens). But, Trevor is also surrounded by two other explosive LBs and we also have a quality Defensive Line that allow our DEs to be aggressive.

The above is why we have great expectations for this year. But, potential and explosiveness will do us no good if we don't execute when it all counts. So, I look forward to an exciting year of football and hope our kids can pull it off on the field of play.......especially in our match-ups with Marshall County, Sycamore and Page. It should be a lot of fun in this very tough region!

Sycamore's young QB, Josh Garza, is a great athelete. he led his team to the playoffs last year when everybody said they wouldnt even have a winning record. he has great speed and a great arm, and he is a great scrambler. Sycamore also has a running back with great talent, Maurice Polk, he has great speed and great moves but he has to learn to hit the whole harder and with more experience he will learn to do so and become a great threat in the region.

Sycamore is young but they have a great head coach in Tommy Tharp. Look for them to be at the top of the region in 03.