HEY RIVERDALE AND TDCMAN

olineathlete

Guest region4fan

Croach, do you know why he quit? And if he quit more than once, why was he allowed to return?

Also Croach, who are your picks for the region 4 this year?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why he was let back on the team. I can ask around and see what info I can get.

My picks:

1. Riverdale - I think their depth is too much for anyone else in the region

2. Oakland - Probably the best starters (position wise) in the region

3. Smyrna - Wolke will be MVP of the region

4. Lebanon - I like the kids they have returning and I like their wide open offense

5. Blackman - They just lost too many athletes

6. LaVergne - No Grimes means trouble

7. Siegal - I can't wait to see which players from Oakland and Blackman are on Siegal.

8. Wilson Central - Wish they could have stayed in 4A for a couple more years.

Guest region4fan

Good picks, Croach. Whatever you can poke around and find out about Powell would be appreciated.

Just wondering, what schools are recruiting Wolke. I mean seriously recruiting Wolke.....not just the standard letters that most recruits get?? Do you think he is the real deal? I just wasn't too blown away by him last year in our game against Smyrna. BUT.... I realize that maturity can make a big difference though.

I really don't know who is (heavily) recruiting Wolke. We all hear stuff about this team and that team, but I don't know for a fact. I think Wolke is the real deal. From watching him the last couple of years, he has a cannon for an arm and seems to be able to take a beating and always pop-up. I think his success this year will strickly depend on his recievers. Because he can launch it all over the field, but if no one catches it, it doesn't matter.

Guest region4fan

You are so right about a good receiving corp. Even the most talented QB cannot make completions to slippery hands. I had heard though that Smyrna was going more to a running offense this year?? That didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I know you want your running game to be ready in case you get shut down passing wise, or to mix it up to keep the defense honest. But I had heard they were going to rely on the running game as their main attack. Are you hearing the same?

cj quit once over an earring. (rivedale players cannot wear them ), he also just did not show up to practice on more than one occasion. he's got ability, he's just a little mixed up. if he stays out and does not quit for stupid reasons he will help oakland out. the main thing when talking about players is are they dependable ? if you ask riverdale coaches, he is not.

That kind of confirms my take on CJ. He is a talented player that can help his team. The question is can you rely on him. Life is much more important than football so I hope he gets it together, has a fine senior season, and graduates. Hopefully, the change in scenery will make a difference in his life.

Riverdale is going to have 90+ players out trying to nail down a spot on the varsity. It has to be important, and you have to be willing to sacrifice, if you want to beat those odds. As a senior, you have to set the example for the younger players. That means on the field, in the weightroom, and in the way you conduct yourself personally. Sometimes that is more responsibility than a young person wants to bear.

On another note, can anyone give any insight into any transfers to Riverdale. I know we had a couple from Smyrna. Any insight into those players or any other transfers?

Guest region4fan

Thnaks for the info on Powell. I agree that sometimes kids these days do not have the heart to play ball. Those kids make you afraid when they think more of themselves than their teammates.Of course, sometimes it can be a personality conflict with a coach. In a different atmosphere,things can change. With the number of kids on Riverdale's team, you can get swallowed up easily.Hopefully Cj will realize that this is his last year to play and want to be a vital part of a program. Marty Euverard is pretty good with kids like CJ. Maybe he and his staff can turn this athlete around. Only time will tell.

The two kids that transferred from Smyrna.....I remember one online. I do not remeber his name , but seems like he was #72 on their team. I just remember he ran his mouth on here even AFTER he went to Riverdale .He was definitely a typical Smyrna kid, making excuses and shooting off that mouth I felt like he was going to have a difficult adjustment at Riverdale. I would be anxious to see how he is doing.I think the other kid was just going to be a soph.

I saw the two kids from Smyrna in the spring game. The big lineman passed the eye test and the WR/DB got a touchdown pass. There isn't really much you can tell from a spring game though. I was not able to catch either scrimmage in the spring.

Just based on what I saw, I think the big lineman starts but the WR/DB will have to turn up the meaness quotient a little. Still, there is room to play for any WRs that can catch the ball consistently. I bet we had 15 touchdown passes just dropped last year.

I think the big lineman was 3d in the super-heavy division at the Riverdale weight meet. The fact that he is that strong is a good sign. BTW, AJ was 1st in the 220 lb division.

Anyone have any more info (class, Ht, Wt, potential) on these guy or any other transfers that may help.