Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you left the Cards off of your list. I hope that they win it and I think if they can get better pitching they'll have a shot at it. But if I had to guess right now I would say a team that nobody expects to win it will. Maybe somebody like the Astros, Phillies, Cards, or Cubs in the N.L. and maybe the White Sox or the A's. I just don't want the Yanks or Braves to win, I like seeing the underdogs do good. B)

Go Braves!!! I hope they win it so bad! They're doing real good, but a lot of stuff can happen between now and then. I get to go watch them and the Cubs at Atlanta on the 21st! I'm so excited! There is just nothing like one of their games...I sound like I've been to a lot of them or something(this will be the 2nd one). If the Braves can't win it I'm going for the Cardinals! :):D:D

Go Braves!!! I hope they win it so bad! They're doing real good, but a lot of stuff can happen between now and then. I get to go watch them and the Cubs at Atlanta on the 21st! I'm so excited! There is just nothing like one of their games...I sound like I've been to a lot of them or something(this will be the 2nd one). If the Braves can't win it I'm going for the Cardinals! B):D:D

You going to your second game actually puts you ahead of most Braves "fans". :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a Braves "fan" for most all my life. But I haven't been to a game there in the last eight years. It simply got too crowded.

My days of enjoyment were back in the 80's when we could walk up to the ticket window 10 minutes before the first pitch and wind up with seats 10 rows behind Ted Turner. Nobody came to the games but we all loved the Bravos none the less.

I saw my first game in Atlanta in 1972 and will always relish my meories of seeing Bob Gibson smoke for the Cards and Henry Aaron homer for the Braves. My alltime favorite Braves game was arund 88-89... the Braves had just signed some Mexican league phenom trying to duplicate Fernando Valenzuela but sadly, this cat who I can't remember his name, threw around 79 mph and was there for just a few weeks. But oh what a game... Dale Murphy, the great Murph, hmered in the first after the Mex had given up two runs to the Giants.

SF scored 3 in the second to take a 5-2 lead. Murph homered again in the second and the Braves went up 6-5... the Giants scored 3 more in the thrird and went up 8-6. The Braves pitching was putrid! It kept getting worse... 11-6.... 13-7....15-8.. finally, in the top of the ninth, thrid baseman Jim Morrison was called in to put out the fire and he "held" the Giants and Will Clark (who homered twice) to just one run. It wound up 20-9 San Fran! These are the games that make some of us real live Braves "fans"

Sure, I love the winning seasons but I have felt somewhat disspaointed about this year. Even though the Braves have made it thru the year with about the best record in baseball all season, as an admitted freak of all things observed, I know that it has been an anomaly. Even if Javy Lopez and Giles and Sheffield keep having career years, their playoff success could be disastrous if John Sureholds doesn't pull the plug on a decent setup guy (or three) and a true stud starter!

If the Braves go into the playoffs and think Hampton and Ortiz and Shane Reynolds will compliment Maddox, it could get ugly!

• 4 weeks later...