Hitting time is here

olineathlete

Ya know, 2 years ago, the 2002 season, well actually it was in 2001...but the seniors were the class of 2002, at oakland, i remember that we couldnt hit until someting like the 28th. which was a tuesday. so we went to camp on sunday(camp was at oakland, we slept in the classrooms) and went out sunday night and did our running test. Monday, we got up and were in helmets for our 3 practices...then, we went to bed at night thinking that tomorrow morning around 9 we'd be hittin and havin a good time. BOY WERE WE WRONG! So at 11:45 the coaches turn the lights on in our rooms and say get up and go to the field house. Before we go to bed everynight, the coaches say we hear any acting up will wake the whole team up and go run. So naturally, everybody else thought that somebody in a different room had acted up. So we get down there, and the coaches say, "Dress in full"....and go into the office. they walk out and coach U says" Men, it is now 12:02, and we are gonna go out and do a lil Oklahoma"....Needless to say we had probably more fun than anyother team that night at midnight, and i'll never forget it.

Guest region4fan

Olineathlete, great story! Are you heading over to Patriot Country to watch a little camp??? I would think that this time of year has gotten you itching to hit!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!
    • I would not put too much stock into the UH over Eagleville. From what I understand they were pretty banged up in that tourney. Catcher was out, they were throwing pretty deep in their bullpen and a few key players were beat up in their infield. Sounds like they are pretty healthy heading into the district tournament. Look at their schedule, they played some really good teams. 
    • What do we need to do to help with Mr. Basketball?  
    • With June camps right around the corner, how are programs looking, reloading, any notable underclass coming in?