Lewis County vs. David Lipscomb

LCpanthers90

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't saying anything bad about Lewis County but I don't even understand why ya'll talk about scrimmages. They don't mean anything first off, plus having played for Lipscomb in the past I know how Coach Mac works. He'll call the team that we're about to scrimmage and tell the coach different information on how we run things and stuff. And Coach Mac doesn't let the other coach tell him anything cause he wants his players to know what to do without scouting reports or the coaches telling them. I'm not saying thats why Lewis County tied them, I know they've always had a good team and good luck to them, I'm just saying you can't tell much from scrimmages except for how individuals did.

LC Panthers 95,

Lipscomb will not use an excuse. Why should they have to. Both teams looked good in areas and both needed improvement in areas.

LC Panthers 95 you quit, what is your excuse, all you do is talk about the panthers, what gives you that right. Some people get on hear and talk but they at least sacrificed and played ball for 4 years. All you do is spend time on the internet talking about the panthers. If it meant that much to you why did you quit. Let the team do the talking on the field. I thank you have said enough!

Hey Listen Man,

I am sorry, i didn't mean to show any disrespect to Lipscomb, but you have to understand, sure thats just a scrimmage game, well that gives us alot of confindence about the season. Since everyone has been sayin we are too small across the line and we won't get past Mckenzie, well i might not play anymore but I love football, and I love the Panthers, nothing is gonna change that.

Here's my take on the scrimmage...

First of all, the scrimmage was played at the middle school field and it rained HARD for about 20 minutes just before the scrimmage was scheduled to start. Apparently, the ball stayed wet because there were about a dozen (conservative estimate) fumbles. Most fumbles were recovered by the offense, but a few resulted in turnovers. Contrary to a previous post in this thread, Lipscomb appeared to be trying to come out on top. I didn't see more than a couple of clean jerseys in the game after the first couple of series for Lipscomb, meaning they didn't sub very much. Lipscomb's offense is run very well. Each player appears to fully understand his role in the offense. Wide receivers and backs blocked away from the ball. Lipscomb has very good team speed. LC's line on both sides played well, too. David Sharp had a couple of long runs, one of which resulted in a fumble due to an exceptional play by one of Lipscomb's linebackers. David was right at the sideline and the LB came in and hammered the ball loose as he tackled him. Normally, the ball would have bounced out of bounds, but it just happened to hit the right way and bounce back towards the field where it was recovered by Lipscomb. However, on Lipscomb's first offensive play after this fumble, Lipscomb fumbled and LC recovered. LC's offense came in and scored on a sweep. Since LC hasn't been practicing PATs (to my knowledge), they went for 2 for both touchdowns. One succeeded and one failed.

All in all, it was a pretty good scrimmage. LC stepped it up a few notches over their performance at Lawrence County and Lipscomb looks pretty solid.

I ain't saying anything bad about Lewis County but I don't even understand why ya'll talk about scrimmages. They don't mean anything first off, plus having played for Lipscomb in the past I know how Coach Mac works. He'll call the team that we're about to scrimmage and tell the coach different information on how we run things and stuff. And Coach Mac doesn't let the other coach tell him anything cause he wants his players to know what to do without scouting reports or the coaches telling them. I'm not saying thats why Lewis County tied them, I know they've always had a good team and good luck to them, I'm just saying you can't tell much from scrimmages except for how individuals did.

i wish our coaches knew what yall were runnin..it probably woulda made things a little easier..and even if they did..we had exactly one day to practice...and you dont learn a teams whole offense and defense in one day..