Sweetwater vs. Chatt. Howard

TankTalk

Despite a terrible start, Sweetwater played their best overall scrimmage tonight, beating Howard 29-12.

The defense really looked bad on Howard's first drive, resulting in a touchdown. A INT return on Howard's next offensive turn by Jam Ferguson seemed to spark a turnaround for Sweetwater who dominated the scrimmage from that point.

Dustin Latham is getting there...which is scary because where he is now, has him leaving marks on defenders already.

The defense adjusted well to Howard and their multiple offensive threats. By the way, while I am not nearly as smart as most keyboard quarterbacks on this site, if Howard was to get a little meaner in the trenches, they would be a solid opponent for everyone on their schedule. I really liked some of the athletes I saw on their side of the ball.

The Wildcats are a little soft in the interior line positions as well, especially if they happen to incur any injuries. Despite the state champion already being named, I think Sweetwater will be fine. In all honesty, I don't think anyone in Region 2-2A will go undefeated this season. The competition is just too good.