Lewis County vs. Waverly

chris"MERCER"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lc looks pretty good but can't tell everything!!Does ne body know ne thing about Waverly?If lc plays like they did in the first two quarters last week no one will stop the bad boys from lc!!But if we play like we did in the last two quarters last week we will have some trouble!!

Good luck panthers!!

All the way to state!!

Maybe no one saw the same guy I did on Friday night? All I hear about is how Lewis County came out dead in the second half. How about giving credit to Wayne County?

I am a Panther fan thru and thru and have been a part of the team in one way or another for 21 years. Last Friday night, Lady Luck smiled on is. Wayne County committed thre turnovers deep in their own territory in the first 15 minutes. We took advantage of that. Add a four yard punt that gave us the ball at their ten yard line and the first 18 points weren't really the result of anything we were doing, just good fortune coming our way.

Wayne County made some great adjustments at halftime and changed their whole offensive scheme and did some things that we were not prepared for and could not adjust to in the second half. It isn't the fact that we "quit" or "layed down", we found ourselves in the middle of a hard nosed football game with a well coached and very good opponent.

I keep reading about how we tanked in the second half and although I agree that the wheels did somwhat come off in a ten minute stretch of the thrid and fourth quarter, I tend to believe that our opponent was simply outplaying us at that time. And that does happen. They were good enough to outplay us.... My personal opinion is that they will be one of the top three teams we play in the regular season this year.

If, and it's a big if, Wayne County has no serious injuries, they will wind up a top Class A team this yeat. Lots of skill people, good, hard, scrappy defense.. nice size but not a lot of depth... that would be their Achilles heel.

As for Lewis County, I give them credit for three big things.

1: Taking advantage of the turnovers and scoring when the opportunity presented itself. That's the mark of a good team.

2: Maiking a tough defensive stand in the fourth quarter when they could have really "layed down."

3: Putting the game away in the final four minutes when the offensive line took control.

As for the Waverly game, my personal opinion is that Waverly hasn't shown a lot of offense in their first two games. They will need to score 20 or more to win the game and I don't think that will happen. I expect, as always with them, a good hard hitting game. I alos suspect that the Panthers will iron out a few kinks and look much better on offense than against Wayne County.

WHAT`S EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT?? WE DIDN`T "LAY-DOWN"!!

WAYNE CO. JUST OUT PLAYED US IN THE 2ND HALF! WE MADE LITTLE MUSTAKES THAT COME BACK & HURT US! AS WE WORKED ON IN PRACTICE THIS MORRNING!! IT JUST THE LITTLE THINGS THAT WE ARE WORKING ON NOW! WHEN WE GET THEM WE`LL BE UNSTOPABLE IN ARE REGION & ALL OF 2A!

AS FOR WANYE CO. YA`LL HAVE A GOOD TEAM,IF YOU PLAY THE WAY YOU DID IN THE 2ND HALF!!!

AND WAVERLY JUST LOOK OUT & SEE HOW WE ADJUST TO THOSE LITTLE THINGS!!

WAVERLY V.S. LEWIS CO. IT WILL BE THE BEST REGION GAME OF THE WEEK!!BUT I`M STILL GOING FOR THE PANTHERS BY 14 OR MORE!!

GO PANTHERS!!!

THATS MY LINE! & FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE!!!

Your right Don, but if we can't put Wayne County down by more than that, then how are we gonna beat McKenzie or Lipscomb?? I love the Panthers, thats why i am prolly gonna stay here and play ball next year, its just the offense has to step up. Oh yeah and do you know Coach Sharp's email address, i had it and forgot it.

Edited by chris"MERCER"

Good post best57!!Lewis County did not lay down donhaney I dunno what game u were watching Lewic County took over in the first half and got out played the second half!!I hope L.C. comes out this week and playes the whole game like the first 2 quarters last week!!

Good luck Panters!!!

All the way to state!!!