Giles County

Guest cneagles

Guest cneagles

How come Giles always seems to have some good athletes but they always seem to be down. Watching them on film they have great size some very good athletes and speed. What is wrong with their program?

cneagles,

It may not be your intent, but your question comes across as rhetorical with the obvious answer being "the coaches are the problem". I can't imagine what else you could be inferring with your question since you said they have great athletes and talent. Anyway, I would clear that up since you are a coach in this region (and before smokin75 jumps on here) running his mouth.

Guest cneagles

I don't mean that at all. Their coach has been there for 25+ years. he obviously knows what he is doing. I Didn't know if the athletes are just not dedicated and get overpowered or the chemistry is bad or a combination of both. If the athletes do not listne to their coach then coaching doesn't help. I was Not referring to the coaching staff what so ever I do not them therefore I can not make a remark about them. Always seem to play us tough though

I really don't know where to point a finger, but I do know there is a problem. When you can only get 30 to 40 boys from a school of nearly 1000 something is wrong. Coach Smith is a good coach who cares alot for his players, but in school he sometimes comes across a little arogant and cocky. If it were not for that I truly believe he could have a great team. We do have some good talent on the field, but there would be plenty more if he would tone down in class. This is in no way a knock on a good coach and great person!!!!!

Seems like to me nobody is stepping up and keeping them pumped up...From what I seen Fri night thye just wore down everytime we scored and didnt keep there heads up and I believe they need to do some more conditioning they were dead by the end of the 2nd quarter. I truly believ they could turn around and have a better season if they would have some more confidence in there selves.

I don't think conditioning is the problem. When you basically play 25 guys, they are going to get tired. The real problem is getting more guys to go out for the team. Keeping a positive attitude would help some but when you are already tired in the 2nd because you have been on the field from the start its going to show.

The 25 players on the field shouldnt have to do anything with it . We have pretty much about 25 players that play on the fiels most of the time out of our whole team and most of them are ok and dont get tired in the 2nd quarter...So I do believe conditioning has something to do with but i guess thats just my opinion.But oin the other factor i do agree with you that they shouldhave more players coming out for the teams and playing football especially with all the athletes that are at the school.