Williamson County strong or not?

cowboys

This is a very interesting topic of discussion... allow me to add some more of my opinions.

You can't simply ignore the privates. As WesVols said, the majority of their football rosters are from Williamson County and the whole recruiting issue is a moot point for it has not been proven that any players on BGA's or BA's current teams have recruited.

Cowboys, I know you support Page (at least it appears that way from your posts) and you should the support the rest of the county. As for itzme, he's good-natured and was just messing around with ya so calm down.

This whole crowning the state champion is still all talk at this point. There are MULTIPLE teams across the state that have played really well to this point. For many, they've only played ONE game. So no, you can't hand the state championship to Brentwood or Franklin or anyone else for that matter but you sure can't say with any certainty that they're not going to win it.

I'm with WesVols... we could see multiple state champions from Williamson County this year. Again, I believe strongly you can't eliminate the privates, so three state champions would not be out of the question at all.

Good natured!!?? Dang!! I prefer to think of myself as a bitter old man who thinks way too much about high school athletics.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point about some private/public debate is that a lot of privates have no clue about a 3a or 2a public school and you pass judgment without walking a mile in their shoes. The same could be said for the privates. At most public schools you have to build and it goes in cycles...while a private can reload every year.

Ok, bulldogs, let me begin by countering a post that you made that I missed earlier. You said private schools don't understand what it's like being a 2 or 3A school? Well, DUH! Since the majority are Div. 1 class A or Division II I'd say thats about right. However, when it comes to football, they play the same that you do.

Let me quickly go after your last point that you made...you said that public school football goes in cycles while private school football just reloads. Hmm, thats exactly right. Private schools never have to rebuild. My soph. year in high school BGA went 1-10. Guess we reloaded well that year. Father Ryan won the first D-II state title and look at how they have reloaded. I am simply trying to say (with a little wit and good hearted humor) that you can't generalize like that.

There are some things in life that you can say with the certainty of your last line. For instance, there will always be taxes, people will always die, and so on and so forth. It is not a sure thing that privates reload every year. Heckfire, what about Riverdale? Brentwood? Franklin? Wouldn't it be safe to say as of late they are simply reloading? I don't think I recall Brentwood doing much construction in the rebuilding process since my days in Williamson Co. football began about 5 years ago.

I guess the bottom line is that you can't just generalize like you did. It is incoherent and it ultimately doesn't make much sense. Best of luck to your pats and if you want to continue the whole private school bashing take it to the public/private board and I will be happy to hash this out with you there.

Wildcat

mildcatfan...it was just a generalization. I never pointed out any schools...I think they are all good. I based my comments on 2a and 3a as compared to privates. Methinks you are too sensitive...perhaps it is time for your medication. I don't get involved in the private/public debate since my son was recruited at one time.....I could not be too open-minded.

bulldog, I am not about name calling or cutdowns on here anymore. You are welcome to refer to me a mildcatfan or tell me to go take medication. That's fine. Congratulations- you can make fun of people.

BUT- your argument was holier than a meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention.

I am stubborn here to. Listen, I buried the hatchet with you on previous issues. I thought that maybe now we could have a decent convo about the topics. I guessed wrong.

As far as the recruited stuff goes, I don't even want to get into that because again, its all he-said she-said stuff and heresay anyway.

Let's move on to talking about the great aspect of Williamson Co. football: 5 different classes of football- 2,3,5A and Div. II AA and AAA.

Oh, bulldog, I did find one cas eof recruiting by BGA. Daws Gray, AKA Commish(Insert random numbers here) was recruited. He was one heck of a hitter in pee-wee leagues and even had professional level abilities (Currently GM of one of America's most statistically driven fantasy league). Once he got to BGA after being recruited for his ability to hit quarterbacks and baseballs, he was forced into the booth and the books when a sever case of Schneideritis took hold. Yes, sir, to make sure that a certain someone was not able to give "THE" speech at commencement.

You know the worst and most horrible part about all this? Dawson (he no longer uses the alias or codename 'daws' since he is no longer avoiding TSSAA watchdogs) was picked up by our southern region recruiting coordinator from Columbia. And you know whats ever worse than that? BGA gave him a ride on the special bus route set up just for him from Columbia straight to BGA!

If it wasn't for the bad knees, AP biology, MEH, and Latin, he would have been the next...well, the next Chip Kain.

TSSAA- Please investigate Valedictoriangate immediately. Something must be done about this recruiting problem!

Edited by wildcatfan

I do respect his opinion, I just feel that he is dead wrong when it comes to his views on private schools. If I were to say, for instance, that kids in public schools have it so easy because th teachers don't care and they never have to do homework and they just get a free pass for eight hours a day to get to the next level of school" I would be dead wrong. Thats a similar type of generalization. Different subject, but the same idea.

I can tell you from seeing Franktown in action, they have speed to burn, while they may not have the size on the line as do other schools they make up for it with their quickness. I don't know much about Brentwood, but they are the defending champs in 5A, so that tells you that unless they graduated everyone off last years team they should be pretty tough also.

Franklin has a excellent head coach in Tim Johnson, and as soon as they fully use the speed that they have available to them they will be even tougher. The only thing that concerns me about Franklin is the game last week against Columbia was much closer than I would have thought, and that's not meaning any disrespect towards Columbia but, Franklin went deep into the playoffs last year and I thought that the game would have been a much easier game for Franklin than it was.

But I wasn't there, so I'm sure that there things that contributed to that score that you had to be there to see that might explain it, or Columbia just might be a better football team than everybody thought. All the years that we played Columbia they always had some great looking athlete's, but for whatever reason they just never quite could put it all together, maybe they are getting closer now, only time will tell. :D