Hampton

buffcoach

Is it just me or is Hampton playing below its expectations or has Cloudland and Catholic been that good? To me Hampton's defense is usually a strong point but this year it seems to be their downfall. During their first two games i have seen recievers come wide open with no one within 15 yards. There has seemed to be a lot of mental mistakes and poor tackling. Does anyone else see this or is it just me?

It is a little early to be giving up on the 'Dogs. Granted they have not played well but think of this...They played Cloudland, which is supposed to have the best team that they have ever had and then they played Knox Catholic, which in my opinion is the best team that they have played since 1994-95 (Meigs Co.) which beat Hampton 61-8 in the playoffs. The key missing ingredient is Morton. His injury really put a crimp in the 'Dogs scheme. That is the one position that the 'Dogs could not replace and you are seeing the reprocussions of it. The secondary has been a weak spot but that should have been expected with the loss of players like Harrison and McKinney from last year. The 'Dogs still have time to right the ship but if Morton doesn't get healthy don't look for it any time soon. For you people who are giving up on the 'Dogs, shame on you, and for those of you who like to blame the coaching staff get a life. We don't bad mouth other teams and we certainly should not badmouth or own. We should be supportive in bad times as well as good.

Both cloudland and knox cath. are quality teams, but I was really disappointed in the pass coverage also. mental errors are killing the Dawgs, with corners getting sucked in and then getting burned down the sideline. The atheletes are there, just need to get on the same page. It was frustrating to set in the stands and watch them flounder around against catholic. Poor tackling, etc. Morton may be out against Johnson county, reinjured his ankle.

I figured Morton would be out for the game against JC, which is a bummer, but at least it's not a conference game. More importantly though, will he be intact for the WG game and then the rest of the upcoming conference games?

I don't know much about Crabtree other than the fact that he does seem to run the ball well...haven't seen him enough at QB. What happened to the Roark kid as back-up?

Groundround - Who are you? Donna won't tell me!!?? ;) Just kiddin', you don't have to say, sometimes it takes the fun out of it...

Edited by Candygirl

It is a little early to be giving up on the 'Dogs. Granted they have not played well but think of this...They played Cloudland, which is supposed to have the best team that they have ever had and then they played Knox Catholic, which in my opinion is the best team that they have played since 1994-95 (Meigs Co.) which beat Hampton 61-8 in the playoffs. The key missing ingredient is Morton. His injury really put a crimp in the 'Dogs scheme. That is the one position that the 'Dogs could not replace and you are seeing the reprocussions of it. The secondary has been a weak spot but that should have been expected with the loss of players like Harrison and McKinney from last year. The 'Dogs still have time to right the ship but if Morton doesn't get healthy don't look for it any time soon. For you people who are giving up on the 'Dogs, shame on you, and for those of you who like to blame the coaching staff get a life. We don't bad mouth other teams and we certainly should not badmouth or own. We should be supportive in bad times as well as good.

I agree with you, the Dawgs still have time to turn the season around, and they did play two of the best teams I've seen up here. (wonder how a cloudland/knox cath. match-up would be?) Still a young team, should get better. Zak Crabtree did look pretty good, but was rusty at Q.B. They really, really, miss morton, it may be an uphill battle at J-county without him.

Candy-girl, Donna knows how to keep a secret!

Edited by groundround