Marshall County @ David Lipscomb

jl20

Sweetwater the better team?

I was at the game, and I seem to remember a 30-2 score. What would you base your statement of Sweetwater being the better team on? They could not even put points on the board; their only points came from a fluke Lipscomb special teams play where the ball went out of the back of the endzone for a safety. I'll admit that if the two teams lined up in a speed and strength contest that Sweetwater would quite possibly win, but it was obvious from watching the game that Lipscomb had the better TEAM. Could you please not make statements such as these without offering some kind of evidence to back them up?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameday spread is down to Marshall County by 6.

And I'm sure Lispcomb cares little about whether Sweetwater was the better team in 2002. Lipscomb won that game and went on to win the state championship. I heard their rings say nothing of Sweetwater.

For the last several years Marshall County has been eliminated from the play-offs by "inferior" teams, but the final scores still stand.

I think this will be a close game. Marshall county will have the size, strength, and team speed advantage. Lipscomb will have the home field, game plan, and disipline advantage. Plus, they have a couple of pretty good athletes themselves. Offensively, Marshall county should be able to move the ball if they mix it up. Marshall county's disipline on defense will be the difference in this game. The Wing-T relies heavily on misdirection plays and Marshall county's agressive defense bites hard (and gets bit) on these types of plays. Don't be surprised to see a lone Wing running down the field with only the Safety to beat if the Linebackers don't stay home. I'd love to see this game. I couldn't care less about who wins...just think it will be fun to watch.

The Mustang defense turned on the jets after Marshall County's quick 1st quarter score and never looked back. Lipscomb's TEAM outplayed the Tigers on all sides of the ball. The coaches had a great gameplan. The players executed well. #9 for Marshall County is an outstanding player. Good luck to the tigers in their schedule. Go mustangs in the matchup next week against their arch rival Goodpasture. This will be televised on CSS.