Smith Co @ Macon Co

TIGERPRIDE MC

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the game fri night watching my brother and i have to say that smith co. has a great team but there coaching staff is pretty bad. If you watched the game you could tell that the players were confused most of the night, acting like they did not know what was going on, our coaches let them lose intensity and the game.

They coached like they wanted them to lose! You would think i am making excuses but look and all the games we won we were passing 50% of the time and running 50% of the time. all we did fri night was run up the middle or throw the tightend a screen pass. we were inside the 20 yard line 5 times and all we did was run between the tackles, and guess what Macon done a wonderful job of sniffing it out and stopping it. now by no means am i saying our tight end or running back arent good players but when that is all you do, its not hard to shut them down. we ran the same 5 or 6 plays all night, it was ridiculous.

Oh yeah another thing about our coaches. We have a player #4 Shaun Frey in week 3 (he is the starting WR and LB, )he ran a punt back 59 yards for a touchdown, caught a 15 yard touchdown and sacked the QB in the endzone which was recovered for another owl touchdown. The Smith Co. COACHES was interviewed on the Carthage radio station and they talked about how slow he is and LAUGHED at him.They said nothing good about his game or really even mentioned what he did for the team. It is that type of leadership that lead us into the Macon Co. woopin we recieved. dont that make ya feel good.

Good Luck Macon Co. you guys did play an outstanding game.

the final stats indicate 60% of Smith Counties plays were running, and 40% were passing. That's pretty close to what you have been doing all year. There is no need to blame the coaches. Macon County was just better on this night. Smith County is a good team, and on any given night either of these teams could beat each other. The refs did blow that call on illegal participation. It is a 15 yard penalty in high school football and not a loss of down. I'm glad that didn't factor into the outcome of the game. Both teams played a great game, and I would love to see a rematch in the playoffs!

I wasnt at the game last night and dont have a dog in this fight, but I had to go to Carthage today and heard several people talking about the game. NOT one time did I hear anything good said about there coaches. The loss was brought on by the coaches. Hmmmmm I thought going into the game that Smith Co. had not lost a game. So the coaches didnt have anything to do with the wins just the loss. Sure coaches make bad calls as well as good calls but I dont think the coaches lost the game for them. I really dont know any of the coaches but I am sure that they did there best and maybe MC had a better team that night. Remeber this is a team game and everyone is part of the team I think when you point fingers at only the coaches you arent being fair to them. If you are a true fan for SC now is the time to rally around the whole team and have a great season and learn from last night. :D:)

Ya know...if ya win...the coaches are the finest in the land...if ya lose...they're the worst human beings alive...I'm really sorry Bean's brother has to play for such a bunch of losers...he could always go across the river...I've heard they've got the best coaches in the world....this week...

Too bad that people actually make mistakes...bet Bean's brother has never made a mistake...or even Bean himself...

Can't wait til Bean goes to the coaches and tells them...face to face...exactly what he thinks of them...

Smith County lost last night...it's a big deal...until Monday afternoon...when all the players and coaches start getting ready for Troutdale...boy...if we lose...there's a bunch of coaches looking for a job, eh Bean?...

I really wish we could all just take this loss...learn from it...and get together and beat Troutdale Co...instead of whining about whose fault it is...Macon Co played a great game...and they deserved the win...and if we have to lose...I'm glad Coach Dyer picked up the win...

:D TO ALL THE MC TIGERS, I JUST WANT TO SAY, THAT I AM SO PROUD OF ALL YOU BOYS, YOU PLAYED AN OUTSTANDING GAME AND IT WAS THRILLING!!! I STOOD UP THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME, COULDNT SIT DOWN....YOU KEPT US ALL ON OUR FEET AND SHOULD PROUD OF YOURSELVES!!!!!, FOR PLAYING, WITH SKILL, HEART, HEAD AND SPORTSMANSHIP!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL......CONGRATS FOR A JOB WELL DONE.

GOOD LUCK TIGERS ON THE REST OF THE SEASON, I HAVE NOT MISSED A GAME SO FAR IN THE LAST 3 YEARS AND WILL BE THERE CHEERING YOU ON THE REST OF THIS SEASON.....I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT...WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!! :)

GOOD GAME SMITH COUNTY.........GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR SEASON.

Let me open upand say AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Great game Macon County. You played exremely hard and refused to lose. I hope our boys can learn a lesson from this one. You never can tell what's going to happen when a group puts it all together for one common cause. The possibilities are endless. You played with a tremendous amount of heart and poise and you did take advantage of your opportunities. You guys have awesome Senior leadership and it shows. All the stats in the world don't mean a thing. Bottom line is the scoreboard. Congratulations!! As far as the coaching staff goes for Smith County, everybody can make mistakes. If you're not making mistakes then you're not trying. Keep working hard and good things will happen. As for the fans of SC, if you think you could do a better job then all I can say is go try it for yourself. Hey, Mark, if you really have something to say to their coaches then why don't you go tell it to their face? You know where to find them.

Once again, congratulations, MC, you're hard work is showing up.

To SC players, keep your heads up and don't listen to all the negativity. That's not what you need right now. You and your coaches will be fine as long as you stick together and continue believing in one another.

PEACE

Edited by mirrorman

Just wanted to give Coach Dyer and his staff and players a big congratulations from the creekbank! The big Tiger win sure made the next two weeks more interesting for the Jackets. By the way, how did Coach Dyer's son Matt do in the game? Did he make any big plays? Gotta be tough living in that house last week and this week. Looking forward to seeing the Tigers on the creekbank in a couple of weeks. GO JACKETS!!!!

Edited by purplegoldfan