Dresdens best RBs in the past 10 years

cripp6

Well, well, well let me think here................

Antonio Capps: Now at MTSU

40 time- 4.5

played runningback and safety averaged 2 ints per game. Played in east vs west game.

Jeremiah Curry hard nose hitter, could lay the lumber down. Skinny little guy but hit like a 1500 pound buffalo. Trucked many a guys on the field.

John Covington- hard hitter and quick runner. averaged 100+ yards a game and at least 2 tds. Finished year short with knee injury after a 80 yard td run against Union City. averaged 13.4 yards per carry for the season. Being recruited by the University of Alabama.

40 time 4.4

385 bench

Kente Washington could run over you or out run you. 90% of the time would run over you. Was so fast he could turn the light switch off and be in bed before it got dark.

40 time 4.5

Deray Sowell all around good running back. Had size and speed. Run over anyone, never seen him get planted on his back always had foward momentom.

40 time 4.6

Well these are all I can remember. Anyone else remember any other great ones at Dresden High. I thought I'd do this since I keep reading how good dresden it this year.

Dresdens best year- they were 7-3, winning the region 7-1a championship before being moved up in the tough ranks of 2a football. Never heard from since until this year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one of that bunch that was really that good was Capps. The best in the last years and probably the last 20 was Stephen Thomas. Played 91-94. About 185 and ran about 4.4. Gained over 1500 yards as a senior and scored around 25-30 TD's. As a Junior gained over 1000 and something like 15-20 td's. Went to Murray St. and played a year. Was something very special.

The only RB's that were named were Capps and Thomas. Curry, Sowell, and Washington were decent, but Covington was terrible. He had all the physical tools to be real good but was scared of his own shadow. Oh, by the way Alabama was never recruiting him. No one was ever recruiting him. He could barely play for Dresden. And what is up with saying Covington averaged 13 yards a carry. It was more like 2 yrds a carry and 2 tds his senior year.

The only RB's that were named were Capps and Thomas. Curry, Sowell, and Washington were decent, but Covington was terrible. He had all the physical tools to be real good but was scared of his own shadow. Oh, by the way Alabama was never recruiting him. No one was ever recruiting him. He could barely play for Dresden. And what is up with saying Covington averaged 13 yards a carry. It was more like 2 yrds a carry and 2 tds his senior year.

LOL you must be thinking of someone else. Did you watch Covington play his Senior year???. Alabama was recruiting him and did average 13 yards per carry. Sowell was awsome. Hmmm I don't think you know what you are talking about to tell you the truth. I watched them all play they were all good. Sowell and Covington were getting letters from the university of memphis and covington went down to alabama to a recruiting camp I believe it was. All I remember was he wasn't around for a couple of days and ppl said that he was down there. Thats absurd to say that I am beside myself right now, you obviously don't know what the heck you are talking about thats like saying, "Warren Sapp isn't good" when everyone in Tampa knows he is, everyone in Dresden talked about how awsome he was, not only him but the others as well. No on to someone that knows what they are talking about.

Stephen Thomas, yes I forgot about him. He was very fast also. I can't believe I left him out.

Cripp6, you must be Covington because you're the only person that ever thought he was any good. I live around Dresden, and I've never heard anyone talk about him. In the offense Dresden runs, the FB is suppose to lead the team in rushing. Of the five guys you mentioned above, Covington was definitely the worst. If Alabama was recruiting him, why isn't he there, or for that matter, why isn't he playing anywhere else?

If Covington were playing for Dresden right now, he'd be on the bench right now behind Yeley and Hewett.

Edited by RTrain

Cripp6, you must be Covington because you're the only person that ever thought he was any good. I live around Dresden, and I've never heard anyone talk about him. In the offense Dresden runs, the FB is suppose to lead the team in rushing. Of the five guys you mentioned above, Covington was definitely the worst. If Alabama was recruiting him, why isn't he there, or for that matter, why isn't he playing anywhere else?

If Covington were playing for Dresden right now, he'd be on the bench right now behind Yeley and Hewett.

I love to talk about football with people and I can tolerate a lot ignorance out of someone...You have no clue you are talking about.  Don't bother me with your uneducated comments. Learn to read, learn to listen and you might learn a little thing or to.

If Alabama was recruiting him, why isn't he there, or for that matter, why isn't he playing anywhere else?

Like I said you don't know what you are talking about, he tore his ACL at the Union City game.  Ppl do come back from that type of injury but I would imagine (not trying to pretend like I know everything like "someone") that he just didn't have any interest playing anymore. 

Oh by the way, I am not Covington.

WHS MOM, I know he went there one year but I don't know what happen to him after that.  Last I heard he was going to be a Dr. but I would imagine he might have quit football if he was taking the Dr. route.

If Covington were playing for Dresden right now, he'd be on the bench right now behind Yeley and Hewett

Hey one more thing, if thats the case then why was he playing while Yeley was sitting the bench? Nother thing, learn to spell, its Hewitt not Hewett.

Edited by Indian

Ohhh....someone is little hot. First of all Covington, it is Hewett with an E, but I know Mr. Literate himself never makes a mistake. He's better as a freshman than you were as a senior.

Weren't you #6 in HS? Isn't there a 6 in your name? Hmmm.....Anyway, trust me when I say you're not a has-been, you're a could've-been. If you would've run hard, you might have been decent.

BTW, you ain't gotta tell Covington anything because I know I'm telling him right now.

Yeley wasn't riding the bench because he actually played some his freshman year. He played pretty well I might add. The only reason you started was because you were a senior and Yeley was a freshman and the coaches didn't want to hurt your feelings.

I also know that you really don't care for Dresden right now because they are winning, and apparently you're holding a grudge because they didn't win much when you were there.

Don't worry about my name punk, because if you stand on the tracks too long, the R-Train will flatten your @$$!!

Don't worry about my name punk, because if you stand on the tracks too long, the R-Train will flatten your @$$!!

Covington is a good friend of mine. And what makes you think I am not happy with Dresden?? Assuming things again. You can't teach a dumb dog anything. And your right Covington was #6. I never played so I dont' have a number. I guess the 6 was a coincidence. ANyone with any sense could see that if I was covington then why would I put my own number in my user name cause if I am trying to take up for myself. :blink: Looky here goober. you can talk all the 1st grader trash you want, I never played but I am sure I can truck your little ###### with football pads on. But from what I have heard from all the ppl in dresden back when he played they loved to watch him run the ball. But ok "rTrain" what does that stand for "retard on training wheels"? LOL Go play with yourself or something. Please. And hewitt is with an "I" dipshit.

I think if he or I came up to the locker room where you sit in the corner with you have in mind all that ###### you talk on here, I am more that 100% sure you'd drop a turt in your panties. You'd ###### yourself if you knew who I really am. You won't have to worry about Covington or anyone else of that matter.

Don't worry about my name punk

thanks for answering my question about the lack of balls.

Edited by cripp6

cripp6, not trying to get into your trash talking with the RTRAIN, but you are wrong about 1 thing for sure it is Hewett with an E and if you want more reassurrance then go and ask any of the Hewett's and they will tell you. Yea, Covington was fast and if you put him in the weight room he was strong, but he didn't play strong on the field. Was very easily tackled for as strong as he was in the weight room. Still no one on that list should be put in the category of A. Capps or S. Thomas. They were the best BY FAR!!!!!!! Thomas was probably the better or the two but both were extremely good.

Choo, Choooooo, Choo, Chooooooooo...........

Hey Crip.....

The train is on the track...........and you got rolled. Knowledge=power........you lose.

The only person spreading the rumor about "how awsome he was" was Covington.

The only person Alabama has recruited in Weakley County in the last 10 years was Chad Clifton.

About having the, well, private parts to admit who you are; Thats the wonderful thing about this little message board. You can talk all this smack behind the safety of your little computer...................kind of like you doing.