Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Go cubs!!!

I'm supposed to be a neutral sportscaster... but I've rooted for the cubs since 1982... when we got cable TV in my small town and I could go home from school and watch baseball.

Now WGN doesn't show nearly as many games... so that means I have to keep my head down at my desk and actually work!!!

I started watching the Cubs when we first got cable at home around 84. I can still hear Van Halen's jump and tell you the 84 lineup. And can hear harry and steve calling the games....

that's when they became my 2nd fave team. (I already had a fave team by then, and it wasn't them.)

The Cubs take this series with their pitching.

Edited by swamp

This is going to be a great series with two interesting story lines. The Cubs seeking to overcome a long drought with a new manager, and the Marlins coming back from a miserable first half after hiring a 72 year old manager in mid season that was coaching his grand children in Little League at the time he was hired.

I can be happy with either team winning.

Go Cubs,

The cubs have the best pitching staff in the league, behind maybe Oakland if they were still in it. So, with that being said Defense and pitching wins championships and if the cubs can keep throwing strikes and plaing catch looks like a trip to the series is in the works.