rockmom needs your prayers

CheerNbHappy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! You guys! I just stumbled across this thread, looking for posts by Cheer...and I am overwhelmed! Thank you so much for your prayers, thoughts and support!

Cheer...you are such a nice girl! I appreciate you thinking of us! You're a sweet heart.

Since I'm here, I'll just give you a little update.

As Cheer mentioned, he was injured in a game, 3rd play of all things...and the tackle broke his hip. He had surgery and is doing well. He went back to school last week. He's progressing along ahead of schedule at this point, and has maintained his A average (which I'm pretty proud of him for that!).

His doctor says he'll play next year, and that the surgery to repair the socket is one he's done on U of L players, and they've returned.

Basically, what happened was that knee hit the ground, which drove the femur through the back of the hip socket, but the break was clean and they were able to reattach the piece of bone with plates and screws, so it will be stable once he's through with rehab.

So, now we just wait for his muscles to mend so that he can begin strength training, which will be about another 4-6 weeks. He SHOULD be able to be back to full strentgh in time for the beginning of practice next year.

Anyway.....The intent of this thread was to thank you all, and to apologize for not having seen it earlier.

It means so much to me, and since I'm new to this board, it is all the more overwhelming!

Really....it is so very touching!

And again, Cheer, you are one special girl! Thank you!