DHS

D 7-2A Fan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize how ignorant your comments sound? And I quote, "besides knocking down a few of our passes and 4 ints". Sounds like they did a pretty good job of shutting down the passing game. The last 2 McKenzie touchdowns were given up because Dresden wasn't gonna give up the big play and make McKenzie hit the short passes and work their way down the field. And maybe if Dresdens O Line would have stayed on their blocks a little longer, they would have sustained some drives for more points and on and on.

Edited by uofm1

Wulda, Cuda, Shouda

yea dhs gave up the big play even by lettin mck have the short passes cause they turned 5 yard gains into 20 yard gains because dhs couldnt keep up with the receivers.

if we r gonna talk about what could have happen then i'll just say that with 1:00 left mck could have drove down the field again and either tied it or won it. mck should have had at least 20 secs left because the ref in the box didnt stop the clock till 5 secs after every play on the last drive for dhs. im not tryin to complain because mck didnt play their best and if the two teams meet again mck will come away with a win

Edited by rebelman11

Ignorant comment? Sorry pal, I am not ignorant. Maybe the comments are ignorant because the way you read it makes it sound ignorant? Ever think of that?

DHS didn't do a very good job on stopping our passing. They only knocked down a few passes which means maybe 5-6 and they also made 4 interceptions so that would mean some where around 10, maybe a few more passes out of the 30 some odd passes we made, DHS was responsible for us not catching. From the looks of that, where in the world do you get "they did a pretty good job of shutting down the passing game" ??? From the way i see it, thats a "decent" job of stopping the passing.

EDIT:

I just talked to Coach Thomas of MHS. He said Dresden knocked down less passes than what i had said so that would mean maybe 2-3 passes of ours, Dresden knocked down, and the other 4 were interceptions. So that makes it around 7-8, some where in that area. If you ask people, they will tell you thats a POOR job of stopping the passing game, especially out of 30 some odd passes.

maybe you need 2 stick wit the camera :) cause we picked off 4 that pretty much changed the out look of the game. stick wit the camera and quit running your mouth would prolly b better for you

Why was the Dresden win such a surprise?

7-2A is a much better district than 6-2A and it has been since the district alignments three years ago. McKenzie likes to throw out the "weak schedule" remarks all the time.

Really?????

7-2A is loaded every year. All six teams are well coached and there is never a guaranteed victory. Even in a year where Westview and Union City is struggling, even those games are not guaranteed. Just ask Dresden about how easy the game against Westview was. You never know what kind of teams Trenton and Humboldt are going to have; and we all know about MILAN.

6-2A gets to play Adamsville and Riverside. Camden and Chester Co. are much improved, but it has been recent. And the johnny come lately's of McKenzie can only boast of two extremely successfull years. Huntingdon.....enough said. They are the only team in the district with any kind of successful tradition. The only thing is, it is more than the rest combined.

McKenzie, utill this year, has refused to play tough teams outside of it's region. The only game they have had to get up for is Huntingdon. Huntingdon has always stepped outside and played Union City, Martin, and Milan; even when they didn't have to. This year McKenzie has only picked up one of the three. We have heard about how they are chomping at the bit to play Westview after they "ran up the score" two years ago......................in the state semi-finals. It wasn't Westview's job to stop Westview. Maybe this year McKenzie can stop the dive.

Dresden did stop the passing game. Hays is a very good quarterback, but his 4 INT's were a result of pressure by the Dresden defense. The dropped passes were a result of routes run accross the middle and the shots that were waiting for the WR's. He had an uncharacteristically bad game. I doubt he will have one like that again in his High School career.

The game wasn't even as close as the score.

This comes from someone who wasn't playing or filming the game. Just someone who came to watch two top rated teams in the state play each other. :)

So in other words Dresden did'nt have anything to do with the victory.Yall just give it to them,right,I think that's what you are trying to say? Dresden made mistakes to.We were inside the twenty three times in the second half,but did'nt score.So it could have been worse

I wasn't at the game but by the looks of things Dresden did some things right. Even if they didn't SHUT DOWN the passing game they made 4 int's. An interception is always a big play no matter what point in the game it is. So to me it sounds like Dresden made the plays that count. On any given Friday night, any rank, any region, the team that makes the plays in the clutch deserve to win the game. It also shows that Dresden was just better prepared than McKenzie and they wanted it more so they came away with a W in the win column.

Congradulations Dresden players on your hard fought victory. You beat a very good Mckenzie team. I know Mckenzie was favored and rightfully so, but Dresden was the better team friday night. Congrad's to both teams on their accomplishments this season. :):)

"Win with class, lose with class, and you're always a winner"