Melrose-Memphis East

memphisplayer

This once again is a huge match up. Last year 15,000 saw Melrose win during the regular season. Melrose also won in the QTR Finals 14-12. Melrose has been very impressive. East is comming off of a big win over defending 3A state champs Ridgeway on friday. The winner will win the regin 8-4A title. Both have been ranked in the top 4 or 5 in all power ratings this year.

Edited by memphisplayer

It will be a huge matchup again...one that will determine #1 and #2 from Region 8-4A. I am sure the stands will be packed! Having played both teams, I think Melrose will win easily. I know East will come pumped and ready to play and that may make it closer, but Melrose has the better team...great quarterback, awesome receivers, speed in the backfield. East is young this year but also has speed.

East's win against Ridgeway was not that impressive...they hung on in the end to win 14-7. Ridgeway was without their starting tailback and their backup tailback - neither one dressed out for the game because of injuries. Their passing attack was very limited and their passing defense was not the best.

In Ridgeway's game with Melrose, Ridgeway's starting tailback had to go to the hospital after his first carry to get stitches in his lip. Melrose handled Ridgeway easily, winning 35-3. Melrose dominated the game on both sides of the ball. Ridgeway was unable to consistently get anything going on offense and turned the ball over 5 times - 2 fumbles, 3 interceptions.