Travel Ball

QueenBee

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh man travel soccer is sooo much fun... you get stay in the hotels and play games and then there is the sneaking out and gosip in each room between players and there are the pillow fights and doing each others hair... its so great tis like a sleep over with your best friends and then you get to play soccer in the morning... at least thats what the guys travel teams do im not sure about the girls though...

Beginning travel at 16 could be alittle difficult but I'm sure there is a team or club that could offer something. Does she play any other position besides goalie? Probably the best thing to do is to contact several clubs in your area and speak to the club director. Most clubs have several teams in each age bracket that might be appropriate for your daughter's experience and skill level. She will probably have to try out but travel experience is invaluable in improving a player's skills and of course will help her be a more valuable player to her high school team. What area generally do you live in? My daughter has traveled for almost 6 years now. I am familiar with most middle tn soccer clubs.

My daughter's coach is from Carthage. I just spoke with her and she said there isn't a local travel club in your area. Unfortunately travel team practices can involve extensive travel. We hear all the time about kids that have to travel 50-100miles several times a week to participate in travel when there isn't a club close. The closest club we could locate would be in Donelson or Cookville. Does your daughter have anyone on her high school team that plays travel? That might be a good source of information.