McKenzie vs Chester Co.

VOLnWTN

McKenzie's victory at Chester County is significant in many respects. For starters, the Rebels beat a quality football team rather convincingly on that team's home field; second, they bounced back from last week's loss to Dresden with no ill-effects; third, they earned a homefield playoff spot in the first round. Many Chester County supporters were hopeful that the Eagles would emerge as one of the top teams in the area, but a 6-2 mark at this point, in a tough region, is nothing to be ashamed of. They have a good team and are only going to get better....besides, Chester County, too, is promised an 11th game. One thing is paramount for the Rebels: They CANNOT suffer a letdown at Martin next week. Don Coady will have his Chargers prepared and a little acrimonious following a loss to archrival Union City. McKenzie will not have an easy game and it needs to know this. All in all, a great defensive effort by the Rebs, a great total effort, especially on the road.

McKenzie's victory at Chester County is significant in many respects. For starters, the Rebels beat a quality football team rather convincingly on that team's home field; second, they bounced back from last week's loss to Dresden with no ill-effects; third, they earned a homefield playoff spot in the first round. Many Chester County supporters were hopeful that the Eagles would emerge as one of the top teams in the area, but a 6-2 mark at this point, in a tough region, is nothing to be ashamed of. They have a good team and are only going to get better....besides, Chester County, too, is promised an 11th game. One thing is paramount for the Rebels: They CANNOT suffer a letdown at Martin next week. Don Coady will have his Chargers prepared and a little acrimonious following a loss to archrival Union City. McKenzie will not have an easy game and it needs to know this. All in all, a great defensive effort by the Rebs, a great total effort, especially on the road.

I agree w/ you on not overlooking Westview. Even though they are not as strong as in the past they will be ready and McKenzie needs to look only to week 9 and not ahead to week 10.

I completely enjoyed the postings last week with the CC faithful. There was a lot of class displayed throughout last week on here and CC played with heart and class last night. CC has an excellent running game and only needs to add the passing threat to be on top of things in this region.

I am very proud of my Rebels for bouncing back from a bad outing last week against Dresden and getting the job done last night. I knew they had it in them, I just didn't know if they would get it out of themselves----------they did! Congratulations Rebels AND, best of luck in the playoffs to both the Rebels and to Chester County.

PS----------- I doubt that McKenzie's coaching staff will let the Rebels overlook Westview. Most all of us here in Rebeltown feel that we sort of owe one to Westview (maybe more than one!?) For a fact, it is highly unusual for Westview, Union City and Bruceton (to name a few) to be down like they are but, the rest of us have been there in the past and Westview showed no mercy on us.

I seriously doubt that we would treat them the way that they have treated us in the past but, it just may be payback time. Now, I'm gonna get off here before I get upset and ugly!

JPSartre, you know this areas football and it has been a pleasure to share some talk with you.