Separation of Church and Tape!

64TNChamp

Very interesting, complimentary, but thought provoking article in Monday's ContraCosta Times Re: ECA, particularly Coach's last quote.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/sports/...ol//7057693.htm

STATS

Ned and Eric do a tremendous job at unapproved website.com!

All 15,000 scores collated, posted, parsed. 2 guys!

Ned teaches HS math and philosophy--must be an exestentialist. I would be very interested in some back-testing to see how accurate his predictions are; given the parameters he uses, I'd lay the lumber on him being in the ball park, if not spot on 75%. FYI, 56% Winners allows one to live off the House.

SPATS

When ECA takes to the artificial turf at Diablo Valley CC, they will wear turf shoes I think for the first time. Given their oppensive scheme, "Freight Train Henry," and a plethora of small, quick receivers, but a rather "lumbering" corps of linebackers and OL, DLS's speed may overcome the 50-60lb./man weight advantage. Personally, I'm suffering form what now has become the yearly bout of "Poly-Sissy-itis:" QB Lupino's "head not into the game/Int's.," possible absence of Jackie Bates's, 4.37, and the Spartans' propensity to put the ball on the carpet. See your game at 7:30, but set your Tivo, VCR for ESPN2 at 5:00EST.

CATS

I would like to thank WillietheWildcat for such kind words the other day. Your benchmark history speaks for itself, but in '63 and '64, you guys were GODS. 1 and 1 against you and ###### lucky. Where are Chris Bond and Tim Grissell?

GO SPARTANS!

Hi Red,

Got a Restitution Hearing in SLC, Friday...early start, 5PST,.. may make it tough. Pleasanton (Diablo Valley) is closest to SJO. As I stated, I'm getting "antsier" each day--it's hard seeing on TV. Ned (unapproved website.com) has it 35-17, up from 35-7. I caught the 2 EC loses and I think "heart" is an issue. I marvel at the DSL coaches ability to find holes and adjust at half. Parker Hanks reminds me of MBA #47. I'm sure you've experienced the game face/pre-game "jitters" pre-MBA big one (enjoyed Brandon's comments here today, another "non-candy-coater). This year's DLS schedule is too light, probably because John Bosco (NJ) rumored/sought for first game of season didn't materialize.

Losses at DLS are like event horizons: meteor crashes, Nikkei turning up, customer service improving, dentistry getting cheaper. The loss to Pittsburg in Dec.'91 didn't have the pathos of "universal disruption "(Oakland Colesium), but in 1989 at St. Francis, last Qtr. played at such a frenetic pace (DLS trailed), that as game ended and loss evident, players slumped to ground in clusters of 2 and 3, took a knee, and JUST STAYED THERE! ...Sorta spouse/Grandmother dying-feeling. Maybe...too passionate...but the mountains and moon could be accused of being too phlegmatic.

Run the Table, Red, and GO SPARTANS!

Fellas, I have no clue what you're talking about; but, your thread's title Separation of Church and Tape! Booed, Booted, Bootys/Stats,Spats, Cats is, without a doubt, the most original title I've ever seen on CoachT!

With clever & pithy titles like that, ya'll come back'n chat any ol' time, y'hear! :blink: