district 7 predictions

Guest Oakland

Guest Oakland

i know this board has a lot of district 7 flavor so i am gonna go ahead and throw up this thread for the enjoyment of others leading up to the basketball season. my extremely early predictions for this year will go as follows, although it will change before the 1st games of the season:

1. oakland(in close races gotta go with the dean of district 7, coach king)

2. riverdale(great talent returning, probably has the best starting 5 in the district)

3. blackman( lost that great senior class, but still has a couple of stars in price and phillips)

4. lebanon( solid talent returning from a decent team)

5.cookeville(good talent returning)

6. warren co.( reese bishop leads the way for the pioneers)

7. white co( young, good talent coming up should pay off next year)

8. siegel( extremely talented club but will starting a ton of former ohs players with big ego problems, if it can be resolved they can finish middle of the pack)

a couple of things interest me about this upcoming basketball season: first, coach kiel's return to lebanon after a impressive turnaround he did at warren co, can he take lebanon back to the glory days of the late 90's?

also its now finally oakland's seniors time to shine, after the great freshmen season, they have had to live in the shadow of joe barker,shane harb and derrick duggin, can they keep the oakland tradtion alive? and also, who will occupy that other post spot for oakland? rumor is that a transfer from jackson, mississippi has the inside track

can riverdale finally play at the level of their talent? in years past they have had great talent but havent been able to put into wins, is this the year the finally have the breakout season that they have been looking for? we'll see.........

would love to hear other people's input as this should be an interesting thread throughout the preseason and the season to come

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that i know that blackman is going to be COLD!!!! Their starting line-up will be 6'5, 6'5, 6'5, 6'1, 5'11............ no one else is going to be around the height of them. They will still be the quickest team in the district also. Ben Sneed will not be able to play untill the first game of the Christmas Tourney but he will still jump back into things whenever he returns. Blackman is going to be a very good team with a lot of exploive weapons.

Guest Oakland

to answer your question radat the players that are playing from siegel this year that went to oakland last year were freshmen, none of the varsity players jumped ship, which should make for a exciting year for the patriots

Look for Oakland to make some noise this year. Oakland has talented senior guards (Watson, Murray, Tate). Neal also a senior will provide scoring on the wing and Oakland has Juniors (Joines and Boyd) both who can play and score with anyone. Plus they have a strong Soph. class. This discrict should be fun to watch.

Guest Oakland

bballboy, whats your assocation with oakland, you seem to at least have a basic knowledge of how oakland is gonna do this year. i was a basketball manager for oakland for 3 years and these guys are not only great basketball players, but great guys as well. if you ever wanna get in contact with me you can e-mail me at patriots1999@hotmail.com

Guest Oakland

if riverdale had a better coach i would agree with ya wingman, but i think burks is one of the more overrated coaches around. a lot of what goes on the district depends on what this oakland transfer from mississippi is able to do, but i just think oakland has too much experience and young talent coming up to be dethroned

if riverdale had a better coach i would agree with ya wingman, but i think burks is one of the more overrated coaches around. a lot of what goes on the district depends on what this oakland transfer from mississippi is able to do, but i just think oakland has too much experience and young talent coming up to be dethroned

I thought you might disagree(lol), Oakland will be tough and they are coached by a great coach. I thought Riverdale lost a very good coach in Coach Turnham. I know they had some problems, but Coach Turnham is a good coach. He knows basketball. Coach Burks is a good coach, but he has had a lot of talent. In Coach Burt's 1st year, he got the kid from Shelbyville that made a big difference.