7aaa

Jen56803

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

will be able to know a lot more after the preseason is done but it will be interesting. coach jennifer grandstaff returns to oakland after a one year absence while an assitant at mtsu, can she bring oakland to a consistent power? or was those 2 state tournament years as good as it gets? we shall find out............

I am going go out on a Limb and pick White County to win this district. They have everyone back from a really good team last year. The winner of this district will have to play Lawrence County in the Region Semis for a chance at Shelbyville. Always proven to be one of the top region in the state and will not let anyone down again this year. A little piece of advice for everyone in this district, whatever happens play for the top three spots in the district tourney and pray you don't go fourth and have to travel to Shelbyville.

No white county doesnt have everyone back, brittney king, a senior starter quit last week. She was a huge addition to the team and they will be hurting without her. I am voting for cookeville district champ repeat.

Brittney has a work horse (work) ethic and was a strong defenceive element of last years team. It will be hard to replace her. :P

White County has the following players back from last year....

Brooke Sunday...senior

Amanda Lewis...senior

Keela Henry...junior

Hannah Hacker..junior

Allison Cole..junior

Kendell Agee..junior

new to the varisty team

Brandi West..soph

Molly Mcfadden..soph

Shauna Haley..soph

Brooke Yates..soph

Tisha Kirby..soph

Stacy Jolley..soph

Mary Kate Ross..soph

We still have some quality players but I think our sophomores are really going to have to step up.

White Co. has the talent to win it, but will finish second in the season and will turn it on come district tourney time. Cookeville will be tough with Reed and Meredus, who will fill Ashley Taylor's shoes? Riverdale lost Horton, but still have a good nucleus of players in Lanning, Pettus and Pilkenton. Warren, Blackman and Lebanon will fight in the middle of the pack with Seigal bringing up the rear. My guess is Oakland or Riverdale will win district 7AAA during the regular season, but will be put out in the second round of district tourney. Grandstaff will get everything out of Riddle and Hayes and Burt with his guards and wings, no post presence.