Anderson County vs. Rutledge

RHS02

Well Kev, the main concept I was going for was that in order for AC to win, they will have to beat the officials as well as Rutledge (been like that for years in Rutledge). The other was just a dig at someone who took a shot at me.....nothing personal just messing around. I thought it was pretty self explanatory, but I guess not. If you need further simplification, let me know. :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professor, I need further simplification. I have lived in Rutledge for all of my life (36 years), and have seen the majority of the sports events played there during that time. I assure you that we have been screwed by the officials far more than we have been helped by them. You do not hear us on here complaining about it. We believe if you are going to give the officials credit when you lose then you must also give them the credit when you win. I am not willing to do that. What makes you such an expert on the officiating of games at Rutledge. Back up what you say with some facts!! It is not self explanatory without proof.

Well Kev, the main concept I was going for was that in order for AC to win, they will have to beat the officials as well as Rutledge (been like that for years in Rutledge). The other was just a dig at someone who took a shot at me.....nothing personal just messing around. I thought it was pretty self explanatory, but I guess not. If you need further simplification, let me know. :D

I don't know how many games you've seen at Rutledge, but I can tell you that we've rarely been the beneficiary of calls at home. We've gotten bad spots, bad decisions on fumble or no fumble, we've even got the rarely flagged "aiding the runner" penalty in the past.

If AC wins, it won't be because they had to overcome the refs and Rutledge. It'll be because they were better prepared and made fewer mistakes.

I think you owe the folks in Rutledge an apology for even thinking that the officials are in the hip pocket when we're at home.

Is that simple enough for you? :)

First off Kev, I was not the one asking for simplification, and I have no beef with the people of Rutledge. I was stating observations in games that I have experienced at Rutledge over the years. You want facts? Ok, here we go..... You go undefeated at home this year (go figure). You have 2 road wins this year against Claiborne and Pigeon Forge. You beat 2 teams with a combined record of 3-17 on the road. Maybe all of your tough games were on the road this year, but it just seems a little strange. I may not be as close to the Rutledge program as you are,Kev, but that has never stopped you from spouting off about other programs that you have no clue as to what's going on in those programs. You reaponded to one of my posts by saying if I don't like what you say in your posts, don't read them. Well, let me tell you... If you don't like my posts don't read them. To the other folks from Rutledge, I'm sorry if I offended you. Nothing personal towards you guys. I honestly wish your team good luck in the playoffs. Kev needs to stick to commenting on teams he knows more about..... and yes, I'll take my own advice and stick to teams I know about.....Just wanted to prove a point.

You proved nothing except ignorance. We beat Cumberland Gap, Gibbs, West Greene, Union County, and Sullivan North at home this year. None of those teams have had outstanding seasons and none of them required the help of the officials to win. We lost on the road to Seymour, Fulton, and Rockwood. I don't believe there is any shame in any of those losses. Check their records on their homefields. You need to check your facts closer the next time. If you are going to post on a Rutledge thread then you should expect it to be read and responded to

Yes...all of our tough games were on the road...however, Seymour and Rockwood were very winable games. Seymour didn't score until 6:30 left in the fourth and got their other score with 35 seconds left after Rutledge went for it on 4th and 4 inside their own 30. At Rockwood, Rutledge came out really flat and never could recover from getting down 14-0 in the second quarter. But they had two possessions end inside the Rockwood 3.

The only road loss that Rutledge had no shot in was against Fulton. Even if Rutledge got some breaks that I thought they could have gotten (tips, fumbles, etc.) if Fulton's first team O is in there the whole game, they would have scored 40+.

As far as the home games, the best win was over 6-4 Cumberland Gap, which isn't saying a whole lot. They've been spanked in recent weeks by teams, like Rutledge, that can run the football. Gibbs was overhyped a little because they scored 63 against Claiborne. Sullivan North was better than Gibbs because they played a really tough non-conference schedule. Union County and West Greene...well...need I say more. The West Greene game was over in the first 5 minutes and it was 42-0 with five minutes left in the first half.

I think I can speak intelligently about other teams from having covered quite a bit of football in the past few years and from having read the game stories and talking with other guys that have covered other tteams, so that squashes the "teams I don't know about" arguement. And although some folks have been notably biased about some teams when I've asked about them, there are those that give me a pretty accurate second-hand account of a team.

The only reason I've ever made the "if you don't like my posts, don't read them statement" is when someone either misinterprets the post or has no leg to stand on whatsoever in the discussion. Here, you have no basis for making a remark that AC will have to beat the refs too because that must be Rutledge's 12th man.

And just how many Rutledge games have you attended over the years? Obviously not too many to make such an unfounded statement.

Let's try to get this thread back on topic.

Implying that Rutledge has control of the TSSAA officials is a little out in left field and needs to be on the X-Files in my opinion. Are there bad refs, yes, but I seriously doubt they are on the Pioneers bank roll.

I wouldn't know Kev if he walked in my door right now, but since he has covered two different teams in as many years with a fairly large newspaper, and is most likely friends with several other sports reporters that see many different teams from all classifications, he most likely gets some pretty good unbias info, which would probably mean that does in fact have a clue, and at least knows more than the average bear.