Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win for Hampton on the road. They played a good game to get the Win. It seemed to me that Volunteer let the Bulldogs hang around and they hit the threes when they needed to, keeping Volunteer from pulling away. I know this team,(Volunteer) can play much better and they will.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs. Elizabethton beat Central last night. The Watauga Conference is wide open. I guess we'll see who wants it the most.

Volunteer will be getting ready for the Cherokee game, always a classic battle and even tougher on the road.

I know CH will post some stats later. We have a good inside game and I've seen a few great assists. I think someone that really wanted to, could get as many as 20 assists a game. Myself, I think we should have beat Hampton. It was one that got away. It's gone and Volunteer will move on.

Let's go down to Cherokee Monday to see our Falcons do battle with the Chiefs.

GO FALCONS

Edited by ulcpanther

Panther, just seen the Falcons play once, against M-E. It's hard to make judgements on one game but they seemed to be a guard away from being an outstanding team. Does Lindholm always play on the perimeter as much as he did in that game?

You are right about letting teams hang around. Good teams have that killer instinct, because if you don't it allows the other team to think they can win. As a high school BB coach for many years I know first hand what a large part of the game is in the medula oblongatta, err between the ears.

BTW did Waco freeze any of that mule, for FB season?

Hey Big Daddy, good to hear from ya. I think Lindholm could play where ever they put him. I have seen Volunteer play when I thought no one could beat'em, like the game with Central at home. That may be in large part to the fan support on that given night. I know they will keep plugging along and will stay in the hunt for the conference title.

As to WaCo and "JaCo the Singing mule", he said he had him cloned and I guess he's not ready to grace the pages of our thread. CHHS, Volfalcon and myself kept the brats hot but no mule meat from Waco, no refreshments on work days either. I have wondered if he wears the coat he had made from the hide or enshrined it on his wall of fame. Most everyone knows of WaCo, he hits all threads. He has kept many threads busy with his one liners.

By the way, the offer still stands for the Brats when you come to our house, that's you and your mate, date, or associate.

GO FALCONS

Edited by ulcpanther

Big Daddy.

Volunteer's point guard was out with an injury for the first part of the season. This included the M-E game.

Hampton answered when they needed to. Another big win for the bulldogs.

Conference has tightened way up with 6 games left. 6 teams have a shot! Parity!

Onieda, why do we care about Onieda other than Coach Smith from Volunteer spent his first three years there, so we definitely know where it is.

Edited by unbiased