Hardin County vrs Ridgeway

thrill22

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then....we have a quarterback duel friday night. Hudgens sounds like a player, and I'm sure he is.

His counterpart from Hardin County is Wes Bouterie. He's 6"6 and very lanky. I would say he's no more than 200 pounds. He has a good arm and uses his strength when he needs to. He steps up well in the pocket, but his one pitfall might be his pocket presence. He takes a lot of sacks, and he doesn't get away from pressure well. However, when he gets in the open field, he is a very affective runner. I think I saw where he had two rushing touchdowns against Lexington. Give Bouterie a D-1 prospect at wide receiver and he's a superstar. In the games I've seen them play his recievers have dropped quite a few balls. The milligan kid is just a sophomore, however, and he catches it with his hands.

Anyways.....I guess there is your outlook on the qb's for friday's game. I'm excited about this one. I'm gonna have to find a way to get down there to watch it.

Edited by john007

Give Bouterie a D-1 prospect at wide receiver and he's a superstar. In the games I've seen them play his recievers have dropped quite a few balls.

Hudgens has the same problem...his best year stat wise was his freshman year when we had receivers you knew were going to catch the ball. We had some senior recievers that came on late last season but our receivers this year seem to be up and down. Two weeks ago, Hudgens was 6-16. 9 of his 10 incompletions hit some part of the receivers body! He is usually very accurate. He is not afraid to run the ball. Would just as soon run over you than run out of bounds. Has a great arm and can throw the ball deep. Sounds like it might be a QB duel if both of our receivers show up to play!

What about HC's running game? defense?

From what I saw, Hardin County's running game was solid. The linemen gave Bouterie all day to throw, so I imagine they can run block as well as they can pass block. Their fullback #40 got quite a few carries, and he runs hard. They rotated in a couple of tailbacks, both with fair speed and moves. I think one of them is a sophomore, and I don't know that much because they threw on Dyersburg all night.

The defense yielded a few drives to Dyersburg in the first half, but in the second they came out and dominated. They gave up some big plays, but other than that, they were solid.

Sounds like our 2 teams are a lot alike. Our defense has not been great in the first half this year, but they come out with a vengence in the second half. Our fullback runs hard and is hard to bring down. We have 3 starters out for the game. Is HC healthy?