Obion Central 24, Kingsbury 10!

West Tn Dawg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obion Co. played very well tonight. They contained the Kingsbury running game very well, and when they tried to pass, they were all over the QB. OC was handed a gift tonight by Brighton upsetting Hillcrest.

An Obion Co vs. Ripley/C'ton rematch in the third round would make for one heck of a game.

As a lifelong Rebel hater, let me be the first to congratulate you on your first-ever playoff win in 40+ years of football. Those two gold footballs (and three silver ones) on the other side of the lake are still nice and shiny....

Good luck to Coach Stallings and Brighton in round two.

That was the most sarcastic congratulatory note I've ever read.

We certainly wish you the best of luck during basketball season.

Same to you. Considering that half the crowd at Falcons' games the last couple years has been from across the lake, that means a lot.

And one gold basketball doesn't quite equal two gold footballs.

Edited by bigwes68

As a lifelong Rebel hater, let me be the first to congratulate you on your first-ever playoff win in 40+ years of football. Those two gold footballs (and three silver ones) on the other side of the lake are still nice and shiny....

Good luck to Coach Stallings and Brighton in round two.

Mighty big words coming from a former LC principal's son.....and what is YOUR record against Obion County? Exactly.

As far as State Championships, you should be proud of the 3 silver and 2 gold balls the Falcons have earned. Those were good teams. I actually saw LC's 94 team with Michael Crawford, Jewel Flowers, and the crew scrimmage OC. They beat our brains out, and were the 2nd best team I've seen, ever (behind Humboldt '95).

You never saw OC fans on here (or anywhere for that matter) bashing Lake County while they were struggling. Coach Barger has things going in the right direction, and with the young talent he has, should make some noise in the next few years. We never complained or whined or berated Lake County when you went to the Clinic Bowl in 94 and we were at home. In fact, I was listening to the game against South Pittsburg on the radio and rooting for the Falcons.

Wes, you must have played for Stallings; you seem to be in the same "class." By the way...has he always refused to shake hands after a loss or is this a new practice he has adopted while at Brighton? It was really funny to see him tuck his tail and head for the locker room while our boys and coaches were shaking hands after OC had beaten Brighton. That shows his kids a real sense of pride and class when he is too cowardly to face the opposing team. After the hand shaking was over, he came back out to the field to talk to his team. Was he ashamed of his players or something? That's what it looked like from our stands. Sounds like a great coach. :angry:

This isn't aimed at Lake County as a whole or their fans; Coach Barger is a great coach, and should restore the Falcons proud tradition. Until we play each other in the future, we in Obion County will cheer on the Falcons as we always have.

Go Rebels!